Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest reco for link cable?
Thanks a lot for the recommendation!

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(28-Apr-2020, 18:06)deviousalet Wrote: I'm using an Audioquest Diamond with the newer Carbon DBS pack, and it works perfectly (including 24-bit files).
There apparently was some problem between Audioquest and Devialet which they've resolved, and Audioquest will fix the affected cables. Some members here even got upgrades out of it (lucky ducks).

That was me ..  Big Grin  they upgraded my diamond to Wild ..
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
How much of an effect will the link cable have if just the master connections are used?
I'm using Crystal Cable Digit Standard. Quite like it.

Recently switched from RCA/EBU with impedance converter to RCA/RCA. I can't hear the difference between the two setups. 

I tried Audioquest Diamond, but it was too muddy for my liking. Crystal is more resolving. Tried Crystal Cable Digit Reference as well, but it doesn't work at all at longer length with a high sampling rate. Supposedly due to unstable impedance.
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
(28-Apr-2020, 23:14)bernardl Wrote: Thanks for the update.

I must confess that I am not too big a fan of audioquest, they are not on my short list for this cable. But I appreciate the inputs anyway.

Cheers,
Bernard
Shunyata will do you a cable which might be of interest as you already have that brand.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Hmm, given that the dual Devialet products are in effect driving their own individual speaker, the idea of a potential variance between the output quality of each speaker puzzles me. As supplied, the kit should be properly balanced by Devialet with the selected speakers and their cables being the only variable.

Amusingly, I was listening to my kit yesterday and was a little puzzled as to why it seemed to be a bit disappointing and biased towards the left speaker. Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix with no vocals was my first clue. To my horror, the right hand speaker was outputting nothing. My wife has a cleaner who comes in once a fortnight and disrupts my life forcing me to evacuate the premises for a couple of hours. Every time she comes she disrupts something on my AV stand, usually the Sky Q box. This week she knocked off one of the Devialet amps. Am banning her from going anywhere near my kit from now on.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(01-May-2020, 09:18)Gerronwithit Wrote: Hmm, given that the dual Devialet products are in effect driving their own individual speaker, the idea of a potential variance between the output quality of each speaker puzzles me. As supplied, the kit should be properly balanced by Devialet with the selected speakers and their cables being the only variable.

Amusingly, I was listening to my kit yesterday and was a little puzzled as to why it seemed to be a bit disappointing and biased towards the left speaker. Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix with no vocals was my first clue. To my horror, the right hand speaker was outputting nothing. My wife has a cleaner who comes in once a fortnight and disrupts my life forcing me to evacuate the premises for a couple of hours. Every time she comes she disrupts something on my AV stand, usually the Sky Q box. This week she knocked off one of the Devialet amps. Am banning her from going anywhere near my kit from now on.
How did she knock it off? Has she got a big handbag?; or did she stick it up her jumper? Big Grin
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-May-2020, 09:29)Axel Wrote: How did she knock it off? Has she got a big handbag?; or did she stick it up her jumper? Big Grin

No idea I was at the shops! Gets worse, as my wife gave her an extra fiver because some of her customers have cancelled her due to Coronavirus and she felt sorry for her. ?
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

@Gerronwithit

I've gone thru what you're facing .. standing instructions are "stay away from my audio room". I'll clean it up myself. Funnily, I wonder why we husbands leave home when the cleaners come?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(02-May-2020, 06:00)audio_engr Wrote: @Gerronwithit

I've gone thru what you're facing .. standing instructions are "stay away from my audio room". I'll clean it up myself. Funnily, I wonder why we husbands leave home when the cleaners come?
It’s an intrusion on my space and sanity! God, I will be expected to chat with her next. And there was me thinking that all this self isolation stuff was heaven sent.