Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listening to internet radio
Another aspiring user question - how do any of you who listen to internet radio have it working?

I currently own a Naim superuniti and have vTuner internet radio available in the Naim remote app using the internal streamer.  It doesn’t seem to be possible on the Expert Pro CI unless I’ve missed something? I’d like to be able to stream Radio Paradise and BBC R3 & 4.
Hi @el_pedro
I don't think you've missed anything. When I had Naim gear, it streamed radio from Naim's app, but that was before it supported any other streaming services directly, and the internet radio stations that were part of the Naim, or N-stream app.

As far as I know, the Pro CI amps do not support internet radio directly; only Spotify, which is built in, so you can stream that without any other box; just your phone or tablet.

I'd say the easiest way is to have a Sonos Connect or Port, or a Bluesound Node 2i (or whatever thing they're on now) and use that. With either of those you can get all the radio in the world.

We listen to internet radio a great deal, and I think this is a very good system. You can, of. course, go upmarket with a separate streamer that supports your preferred streaming services and also has internet radio. VTuner is one, Simple Radio anther, and TuneIn Radio, and Airable.

We recently changed from a Sonos to a BluOS streamer, and it gives four distinct Radio Paradise stations. I'm not a big fan of the regular stream that goes from ABBA to ZZ Top, but we really like the World and Ecclictic mix that the BluOS version has.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Just use BubbleUPnP.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7