Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logitech Squeezebox Touch
I know a few of us are using SBT to stream music. Perhaps, we can use this topic to exchange ideas.
I own SBT for a long time but as my main source was always been a CD player, I used it mainly for internet radio. Now that I decided to focus on digital music (CD player gone), I started to push limits of SBT as much as I can.
This will include both software and hardware modifications. According to a friend of mine, it is a hidden treasure. I look forward to see if this is the case Smile

Currently, I am using LMS 7.7.3 and only EDO installed so I can stream 24/192 via USB to my Devialet 200.
I recently added a Linear power supply from Sbooster - Best of two worlds.

What is next now?

My SBT will go under a massive (maybe this is not a big thing but it is for me) software optimization first. LMS 7.9 will be installed along with EDO and TT 3.0.

Then, the hardware mod which I will explain later.

Am I at the right path?

I have this objective - to push limits of SBT and see the performance before I need to invest a streamer like an Airies or a better solution such as Aurender.

If you share your experience, it will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(17-May-2015, 12:42)archer75 Wrote: I know a few of us are using SBT to stream music. Perhaps, we can use this topic to exchange ideas.
I own SBT for a long time but as my main source was always been a CD player, I used it mainly for internet radio. Now that I decided to focus on digital music (CD player gone), I started to push limits of SBT as much as I can.
This will include both software and hardware modifications. According to a friend of mine, it is a hidden treasure. I look forward to see if this is the case Smile

Currently,  I am using LMS 7.7.3 and only EDO installed so I can stream 24/192 via USB to my Devialet 200.
I recently added a Linear power supply from Sbooster - Best of two worlds.

What is next now?

My SBT will go under a massive (maybe this is not a big thing but it is for me) software optimization first. LMS 7.9 will be installed along with EDO and TT 3.0.

Then, the hardware mod which I will explain later.

Am I at the right path?

I have this objective - to push limits of SBT and see the performance before I need to invest a streamer like an Airies or a better solution such as Aurender.

If you share your experience, it will be appreciated.

Have a look in the Classroom section of the forum. There is a thread about the Touch and Devialet there. You have already done some of the things (like EDO), but there are other mods that will improve sound. If you plan on using USB, the UpTone Regen is mandatory with a Touch..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hi Ogs, thanks. I know the thread under classroom. I thought we can have a dedicated thread under streaming.
Yes, I am using USB. What is the Up Tone Regen?

Combining EDO and TT if I'm correct does not make any bigger. Somewhere on the slimdevices forum this is stated by Triode, the developer of the EDO plugin. Curious about possible hardware mods though. Will read through the thread mentioned first
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Dear Ogs, pls ignore my question about Regen, I have just noticed the thread under Tweaker's corner.

(17-May-2015, 13:21)iamwappie Wrote: Combining EDO and TT if I'm correct does not make any bigger. Somewhere on the slimdevices forum this is stated by Triode, the developer of the EDO plugin. Curious about possible hardware mods though. Will read through the thread mentioned first

I will explain the hardware mode I will be applying.