Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loving life with the phantoms
Hi everybody ,first post  here. 
i, and everyone here , love my new phantom silvers.

i have only  had them a few days but they just seem to get better an better the more  i play them. 
  They sound soo frickin good they truly are amazing speakers!!

they have the latest fw now and yes the volume  control linearity is good now, i

My other system of the past 16 years, Von Schweikert VR4.5s floorstanders   the Ayre V3  poweramp  my  Eastern Electric minimax ess sabre dac and  tube pre are now all officially retired '  as are a load of wires too.

Phantoms are connected via wireles to the dialog and ethernet to the diaglog from my netgear router, 
 I use spark for Tidal only for now and Foobar for files from my laptop via optical  from usb adaptor

one thing tho , I turned on an optical in on one of the phantoms  for the tv but i cant get and sound out yet. 

oh and sadly Quboz does not work in Australia yet.

But ,Well done Devaliet!! keep it coming !
(16-Nov-2015, 13:07)Óphantomaussie Wrote: Hi everybody ,first post  here. 
i, and anybody within earshot , love my new phantom silvers.

i have only  had them a few days but they just seem to get better an better the more  i play them. 
  They sound soo good they really are amazing !! they have the latest fw now and yes the volume  contol linearity is good now

My other system of the past 16 years, Von Schweikert VR4.5s floorstanders   the Ayre V3  poweramp  my  Eastern Electric minimax ess sabre dac and  tube pre are now all officially retired '  as are a load of wires too.

Phantoms are connected via wireles to the dialog and ethernet to the diaglog from my netgear router, 
 I use spark for Tidal only for now and Foobar for files from my laptop via optical  from usb adaptor

one thing tho , I turned on an optical in on one of the phantoms  for the tv but i cant get and sound out yet. 

oh and sadly Quboz does not work in Australia yet.

But ,Well done Devaliet!! keep it coming !

In the settings of Spark you need to set optical on for the phantom wich is connect (left or right) and make choice TV.
Welcome! You can get Qobuz here in Australia with a bit of effort. But the buffering is even worse than Tidal - I guess the Internet cable connecting Australia to France must be a bit thin.

I love the sound too, and the minimal amount of hifi boxes. Where in Australia are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A third Aussie here .... Welcome. I'm loving mine too. Planning on a pair and ditching the $25k system ....

(16-Nov-2015, 14:36)andrewhollo Wrote: A third Aussie here .... Welcome. I'm loving mine too. Planning on a pair and ditching the $25k system ....

Thanks !
 i Never Ever thought i would consider selling my "big" system but  the phantoms kill it
  I am so lucky that i dont have any neighbours close  to me Big Grin
(16-Nov-2015, 13:58)sleach Wrote: Welcome! You can get Qobuz here in Australia  with a bit of effort. But the buffering is even worse than Tidal - I guess the Internet cable connecting Australia to France must be a bit thin.

I love the sound too, and the minimal amount of hifi boxes. Where in Australia are you?

Thanks man , re Tidal  i only get dropouts in the early evenings , i put it down to the 3G system getting overworked with traffic.
 I am on wireless Telstra 3g   as there is no adsl or cable available here in the country . I am between Armidale and Glen innes in northern nsw.
 Re Quboz are you talking a VPN  ?
(16-Nov-2015, 13:15)Johnnydev Wrote: In the settings of Spark you need to set optical on for the phantom wich is connect (left or right) and make choice TV.

As i said  I have set optical input on for left phantom in spark but  there is no sound . Sad
(16-Nov-2015, 23:49)phantomaussie Wrote:  As i said  I have set optical input on for left phantom in spark but  there is no sound . Sad

Is your TV set for PCM audio out instead of Dolby/Bitstream audio out?
(17-Nov-2015, 00:02)AlanD Wrote:
(16-Nov-2015, 23:49)phantomaussie Wrote:  As i said  I have set optical input on for left phantom in spark but  there is no sound . Sad

Is your TV set for PCM audio out instead of Dolby/Bitstream audio out?

Yes it is set to PCM .
i will buy a new optical cable today and try that .
 i will report back later..