Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loving life with the phantoms
(17-Nov-2015, 00:20)phantomaussie Wrote: i will buy a new optical cable today and try that .
 i will report back later..

Very weird. It's probably NOT the optical cable if that same cable works with your laptop/USB adapter. Do you have a receiver that you can use to verify that the TV is sending out an appropriate signal?
I have 2 optical cables ,one from the usb and a second optical into one phantom . ive tried this second optical cable from both my tv and the sate tv receiver, except for the red glow at the end nadda ,no music . i t could be the cable ,i would swop them around but i dont have another optical cable long enough, i will get another.
I have 2 optical cables ,one from the usb into dialog and a second optical into one phantom . ive tried this second optical cable from both my tv and the sate tv receiver, except for the red glow at the end  nadda ,no music   . i t could be the cable ,i would swop them around but  i dont have another optical cable long enough, i  will get another.
Another Aussie here, I have Tidal buffering issues when playing through spark that for some reason are not present when I stream tidal on my Mac. That and the loose optical cable port on the dialog are the only issues I have had with my two silvers.

The issues are quickly forgotten when you turn them on and play some tunes.

I don't think my neighbors like them as much as I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phantomaussie ' Wrote:  Thanks man , re Tidal  i only get dropouts in the early evenings , i put it down to the 3G system getting overworked with traffic.
 I am on wireless Telstra 3g   as there is no adsl or cable available here in the country . I am between Armidale and Glen innes in northern nsw.
 Re Quboz are you talking a VPN  ?

I used a VPN just to sign up. I had some trouble at first when my address defaulted to Austraia. Then I wrote them a note in which I lied and said I was in the UK. They changed it and after that all plain sailing!

(16-Nov-2015, 13:07)phantomaussie Wrote: Hi everybody ,first post  here. 
i, and  everyone here , love my new phantom silvers.

i have only  had them a few days but they just seem to get better an better the more  i play them. 
  They sound soo frickin good they truly are amazing  speakers!!

they have the latest fw now and yes the volume  control linearity is good now, i

My other system of the past 16 years, Von Schweikert VR4.5s floorstanders   the Ayre V3  poweramp  my  Eastern Electric minimax ess sabre dac and  tube pre are now all officially retired '  as are a load of wires too.

Phantoms are connected via wireles to the dialog and ethernet to the diaglog from my netgear router, 
 I use spark for Tidal only for now and Foobar for files from my laptop via optical  from usb adaptor

one thing tho , I turned on an optical in on one of the phantoms  for the tv but i cant get and sound out yet. 

oh and sadly Quboz does not work in Australia yet.

But ,Well done Devaliet!! keep it coming !
You can get Qobuz in Australia - even though it is not supposed to happen.  Their system allows "legitimate" users (for example French residents) to access Qobuz while travelling in Australia, which means that they do not have a bar based on IP address.  The country based security they have is not hard to circumvent - I did it purely by accident without even realising that I was not supposed to be able to sign up from Australia.

At home, I have a relatively poor ADSL connection and have problems with dropouts with streaming - the secret is to download the albums into the Qobuz desktop player and play the albums from that.  Streaming is not a problem at a friend's place who has cable broadband.
(16-Nov-2015, 23:40)phantomaussie Wrote:
(16-Nov-2015, 13:58)sleach Wrote: Welcome! You can get Qobuz here in Australia  with a bit of effort. But the buffering is even worse than Tidal - I guess the Internet cable connecting Australia to France must be a bit thin.

I love the sound too, and the minimal amount of hifi boxes. Where in Australia are you?

Thanks man , re Tidal  i only get dropouts in the early evenings , i put it down to the 3G system getting overworked with traffic.
 I am on wireless Telstra 3g   as there is no adsl or cable available here in the country . I am between Armidale and Glen innes in northern nsw.
 Re Quboz are you talking a VPN  ?
You don't need a VPN - as Quobuz allows "legitimate" subscribers to access Qobuz wherever they are in the world.  Not realising I was not supposed to access Qobuz, I registered using my correct city of residence - but inadvertently put in my country of residence as France - I paid by PayPal and - voila - I was accepted.  I only realised my "error" after the event, and I have never had any problems with my subscription.  Occasionally I get a message saying that they have detected that my email address is Australian - but I simply ignore this.