Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low volume experience
Hello everyone, I have a quick question for anyone who owns a phantom premier. I know that at high volume the performance is excellent, but how does it sound if used at around 30% of the volume? Does the sound remain dense and complete? Are there differences in low volume listening between classic, silver, gold?
Thank you very much, cheers from Italy!  Wink 
Welcome to the forum.

I have a large room and have no problems playing at 35% with a pair of Gold.

I hope you are considering getting a pair. Even a pair of Reactors is better than a single Premier and please position them on stands.
(14-Apr-2020, 23:53)Snoopy8 Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

I hope you are considering getting a pair. Even a pair of Reactors is better than a single Premier and please position them on stands.
Thank you for reply! 
My first idea was to buy a pair of reactor, but i'm uncertain because in my room there isn't much space to put them in a good position for stereo set up. i have no hurry to conclude the purchase, so if i will arrange them in a good position i'll buy two reactor, otherwise i'll go with the classic phantom, because i live in apartment so i don't need the power of gold, and esthetically the classic is my favorite.
Thanks again for reply, best regards!
(15-Apr-2020, 09:27)Simo Wrote:

Thank you for reply! 
My first idea was to buy a pair of reactor, but i'm uncertain because in my room there isn't much space to put them in a good position for stereo set up. i have no hurry to conclude the purchase, so if i will arrange them in a good position i'll buy two reactor, otherwise i'll go with the classic phantom, because i live in apartment so i don't need the power of gold, and esthetically the classic is my favorite.
Hi!  They sound really good a low volumes.  My son has a pair of reactors that are on his desk and used for near field listening and they sound really good.  We even hooked them up to his computer so that when he's on video chats with school it sounds fuller and the dialog is clearer.
I also have a pair of Silvers out on the patio and they sound equally good at low volume.   
One thing to note is that in my case I have them EQ'd to sound exactly as I want them.  If you don't have the additional components to do that then your experience maybe different than mine. 
Good Luck!
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(15-Apr-2020, 09:27)Simo Wrote:

Thank you for reply! 
Hello from Italy as well.

I confirm that premiers line sound very well even at low volumes. Of course it also depends on the distance from the speakers compared to your listening position and environment (acoustical responsiveness).

I own 2xGlods and 2xRactors and 1xClassic.
I stick to the suggestion given above: I also recommend to have a stereo couple like two reactors instead of one single phantom premier. If space in your room and budget allows that. Of course 2xPremiers better than 2xReactors, 2xGolds even a bit better than 2xClassics (above all for the tweeter response). So now you’re more confused than before Smile

Ciao
Hi, I have a pair of Silver Phantoms and i do think they come alive once the volume is over 60%. At say 35% thay do lack at the lower end. Just my opinion.
Take in consideration your hearing is different and lack of details is also compensated with more power by increasing the audio volume.
Please excuse my poor reputation
Hi, thank you all for your opinions! Smile
I am quite confused about what to buy, but I will calmly evaluate to choose the most suitable option for me!
Best regards!
(24-Apr-2020, 20:34)Simo Wrote: Hi, thank you all for your opinions! Smile
I am quite confused about what to buy, but I will calmly evaluate to choose the most suitable option for me!
Best regards!
HI ,
I have a pair of gold and they dont sound at 35%
they starts there engines "on" on at 45%+