Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low volume mode (loud)
(02-Jul-2018, 16:06)BulldogsRus Wrote:
(02-Jul-2018, 13:08)njaiswal Wrote:
(29-Jun-2018, 18:47)BulldogsRus Wrote: Yup, same here. I just got my Silver yesterday and sadly I'm not blown away by it at all. This was replacing a long-in-the-tooth Bose Acoustic Wave II system for playing music outside at our vacation home. I just sent back 2 Aiwa Exos 9's as although better sounding not louder overall. So I bought the Silver based on all of the reviews...and it's not really that loud at full volume. I thought maybe it was my phone's volume, but the Spark app showed 100. So I plugged in the Bose playing the same songs and lo and behold not much difference in volume! And this was in a room about 14x16. Granted it was significantly clearer but not $2k better IMHO.
I've found that I can't get my phantoms to their fullest potential when using BT as the audio source.  Playing songs directly through spark or via optical input enables me to bring them to ear splitting volumes.  I use a pair of golds as my outdoor speakers and have to keep them between 30-40 because I'm concerned with disturbing my neighbors.
Good to know, I'm wondering if I can simply use my Chromecast Audio as a DAC w/optical instead? I mean, directly connect it to the Phantom then plug an iPod or phone into the CC Audio via phono jack?

You can't, sorry. The CC Audio doesn't contain an ADC.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Thanks for all the replies not been on in a while and i guess i have just about got use to the sound now.... Just wish the spark app was a little better lol.