Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low volume via Bluetooth after DOS 2 migration
Hi there, I recently upgraded one of my silvers to DOS 2. I noticed the speaker works fine when playing, for instance, Spotify on Wi-Fi mode. However, when I play Spotify or a YouTube video via Bluetooth, the volume seems to be much much lower. Has anyone experienced this as well? Any solutions? Thanks
(19-Jan-2020, 01:08)reiher Wrote: Hi there, I recently upgraded one of my silvers to DOS 2. I noticed the speaker works fine when playing, for instance, Spotify on Wi-Fi mode. However, when I play Spotify or a YouTube video via Bluetooth, the volume seems to be much much lower. Has anyone experienced this as well? Any solutions? Thanks

'Lower volume' being subjective and relative.
I have seen lower volume with Optical from Dialog. 

Intermittent: (not reproducible) observed an obvious difference (where 50 sounds more like 30) SQ is fine just attenuated.
Rebooting, Resetting, and doing the setup dance is my solution when this happens.

Consistent:

Also notice, I no longer hear anything at less than about 10 volume. (i cant prove this is different but not as i recall under DOS1)

AFAIK, it is not known if using DOS1/SPARK/set to X is be directly comparable to using DOS2/DevApp/set to X
I would assume its silly to compare DOS1 at X to DOS2 at X volume.
sure you can compare but so what. its just a difference.
it may not really mean anything other than the volume curve is different.
but its a natural and easy thing to do

and though i cant prove it now only having DOS2 , think there is a difference in the volume curve between DOS1 and DOS2 set to 30.  

I cant quantify but subjectively using the same tracks in the same environment requires less overall attenuation at volume 30 with DOS2 than compared to DOS1.

regards
scott-
(23-Jan-2020, 01:46)Reiher Wrote: Problem Solved. I knew it was going to be a dumb thing. 

On DOS1 the volume is controlled only by the Bluetooth device. 

On DOS2 the volume is controlled by the Bluetooth device but also by the Devialet app, so you have 2 volume settings working at the same time. I had it on Max Volume on my Bluetooth device but very low on the Devialet app, hence the problem

Thanks anyway