Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumin D1 review
http://www.stereolife.eu/1099

Sorry I cant work out how to paste a working link. Interesting review though.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hi Steve, I would suggest that you take a look at Roon. Build a NUC or Mac Mini as the server using USB to your Devialet and then you can use your laptop/tablet as remote. It's a very good music playback software and more.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(08-Jul-2015, 13:00)hk6230 Wrote: Hi Steve, I would suggest that you take a look at Roon. Build a NUC or Mac Mini as the server using USB to your Devialet and then you can use your laptop/tablet as remote. It's a very good music playback software and more.

iPad as remote for the Mac mini ? I see no comofortable way to take control Roon on the mac by an IPad until Roon is available for iOS. What do you mean ?
(08-Jul-2015, 13:41)midi Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 13:00)hk6230 Wrote: Hi Steve, I would suggest that you take a look at Roon. Build a NUC or Mac Mini as the server using USB to your Devialet and then you can use your laptop/tablet as remote. It's a very good music playback software and more.

iPad as remote for the Mac mini ? I see no comofortable way to take control Roon on the mac by an IPad until Roon is available for iOS. What do you mean ?

You're right. IOS remote is not out yet, but soon. What I said was using his current notebook as remote or get a new Win Tablet or Android tablet as remote. It is still cheaper than Lumin D1 and can do zoning when more RoonSpeakers are introduced in the near future.

If you own an AppleTV (I assumed Apple Express is the same with AirPlay support), you can also use it as another zone player to your dining/living room. And all your current NAS music can be streamed to all the players.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(08-Jul-2015, 14:19)hk6230 Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 13:41)midi Wrote: [quote='hk6230' pid='20571' dateline='1436356801']
Hi Steve, I would suggest that you take a look at Roon. Build a NUC or Mac Mini as the server using USB to your Devialet and then you can use your laptop/tablet as remote. It's a very good music playback software and more.

You're right. IOS remote is not out yet, but soon. What I said was using his current notebook as remote or get a new Win Tablet or Android tablet as remote. It is still cheaper than Lumin D1 and can do zoning when more RoonSpeakers are introduced in the near future.

If you own an AppleTV (I assumed Apple Express is the same with AirPlay support), you can also use it as another zone player to your dining/living room. And all your current NAS music can be streamed to all the players.

[/
what about 2 Apple TVs or 2 Apple Express, one for the Expert Line and one for a Phantom and Roon on the Mac (later iOS device) to create a multiroomsystem- should work, or doesn't it ?
(09-Jul-2015, 12:52)midi Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 14:19)hk6230 Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 13:41)midi Wrote:

[/
what about 2 Apple TVs or 2 Apple Express, one for the Expert Line and one for a Phantom and Roon on the Mac (later iOS  device) to create a multiroomsystem- should work, or doesn't it ?

Yes, this will work.

[/
what about 2 Apple TVs or 2 Apple Express, one for the Expert Line and one for a Phantom and Roon on the Mac (later iOS  device) to create a multiroomsystem- should work, or doesn't it ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, this will work.
[/
Ok. I have ordered a Phantom (and one Dialog). I have to ask the Roon guys fir another trial Version. It should be possible to use both, the D120 and the Phantom multiroom with to Apple Air devices. I hope I have no time delay. Apple Music should be also possible, using the Apple apps, but not with Roon. With Roon Tidal would be possible. The Dialog is useless until it has no upnp and doesn't work with the Expert line. Only vor highres files from my NAS it has a benefit (Apple is limited here). Two auralic minis would offer a solution for everything, when their multifunction would be ready. Roon would also be possible.
To be honest I just want to keep it simple and take the laptop out of the hifi system altogether.
Aurender favourite right now but Lumin and Melco also being considered.........or wait for Dialog
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, this will work.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, it is not working with to ATVs and iTunes, because there is a time delay. I assume it´s the same with ROON.