Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 pro and Vandersteen 5a
(26-Feb-2019, 12:33)Axel Wrote:
(26-Feb-2019, 08:00)Alve Wrote:
(26-Feb-2019, 03:10)Axel Wrote: Oh dear! What went wrong with the Devialet?
Very cool looking setup by the way.

The first problem: GUI on top of the case after few minutes of use goes to just bright blue light, so no info can be seen. I opened a ticket and Dev support called, but they could not solve it. Later remote stopped working, so I could not listen any longer... now I have to praise them a little. I have sent the unit to France from Russia myself, due to customs problems they could not pick up. The unit came to them damaged, the case was totally scratched and even broken. They have changed the case without troubles and I guess they change the.boards too. I guess they just send me a new unit this weekWink ok, it took more than a 1,5 month now, but it seems I’m getting my unitWink
Sounds like Devialet have come up trumps for you. Glad you got it all sorted out eventually.

Are you happy with your speakers? It seems to me your 440 is the big brother in your systemSmile
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
(26-Feb-2019, 14:50)Alve Wrote:
(26-Feb-2019, 12:33)Axel Wrote:
(26-Feb-2019, 08:00)Alve Wrote: The first problem: GUI on top of the case after few minutes of use goes to just bright blue light, so no info can be seen. I opened a ticket and Dev support called, but they could not solve it. Later remote stopped working, so I could not listen any longer... now I have to praise them a little. I have sent the unit to France from Russia myself, due to customs problems they could not pick up. The unit came to them damaged, the case was totally scratched and even broken. They have changed the case without troubles and I guess they change the.boards too. I guess they just send me a new unit this weekWink ok, it took more than a 1,5 month now, but it seems I’m getting my unitWink
Sounds like Devialet have come up trumps for you. Glad you got it all sorted out eventually.

Are you happy with your speakers? It seems to me your 440 is the big brother in your systemSmile

Yes, I’m happy with the Sf Olympica lls, although there are always better speakers out there. I fancy trying some Elac SF 407.2 or 409.2 as the Sonus fabers can sound a little too laid back at low volume and the Elac have a reputation for being very good in this area. It’s an expense that I can’t really afford at the moment, but maybe one day... Wink
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England