Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
(07-Sep-2017, 11:14)nicoludio Wrote: Plus, its much cheaper in Japan.

I had a guitar effects unit shipped over from a Japan. I sold it a couple of years later for double what I paid for it.  So if you can get a Melco from the land of the rising sun, go for it!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I am posting this as not sure it will be common knowledge.
You can now stream Tidal/Qobuz with the Melco . I downloaded the 3.5 software and I now use Linn Kazoo app in mode 1.
This supports Tidal for me and so far works a trea.

My apologies if this is old news but Melco did not tell me about this.......I stumbled upon it
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
This is new to me. Thanks. By the way hasn't Melco already developed its own apps in 3.0? Why are you still using Kazoo?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(14-Sep-2017, 13:27)tategoi Wrote: This is new to me. Thanks. By the way hasn't Melco already developed its own apps in 3.0? Why are you still using Kazoo?

Hi tategoi, Melco V3.5 white paper!

https://devialetchat.com/attachment.php?aid=2136
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(14-Sep-2017, 13:27)tategoi Wrote: This is new to me. Thanks. By the way hasn't Melco already developed its own apps in 3.0? Why are you still using Kazoo?

I used to use Lumin app until today when I switched to Kazoo for the Tidal feature. I had no idea Melco had their own app?? What is it called?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(14-Sep-2017, 19:10)Womaz Wrote:

I used to use Lumin app until today when I switched to Kazoo for the Tidal feature. I had no idea Melco had their own app?? What is it called?

Hi Womaz,
on the HighEnd I spoke with a Melco coworker. The confirmed the app just before the release is (September 2017) !!

From the Melco support site:

What control apps can I use with N1?

Mode 1 Apps (OpenHome)
Kinsky (also works with MODE 0 but stops after one track playing)
Lightning DS (also works with MODE 0)
Lumin
BubbleDS
ChorusDS
Plugplayer (also works with MODE 0)
SongbookDS (also works with MODE 0)
Melco APP (currently in beta) Sad
Kazoo

Mode 0 Apps (UPnP)
8player
Creation C5
Mediaconnect
AudioNet Music manager
mConnect Free
AudioRemote
BubbleUPnP
SmartPlayer
MyMediaHub
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks K4680 for the clarification......the Melco app has been nearly ready for 2 years now!! Thats not a word of a lie
(14-Sep-2017, 19:37)Womaz Wrote: Thanks K4680 for the clarification......the Melco app has been nearly ready for 2 years now!! Thats not a word of a lie

Hi Womaz, good app takes a lot of time (2017-> 2018-> ??) Huh
Germany / Bavaria
Melco seem to be pretty fastidious with their software development and I'm fairly confident any app they produce could well be quite good, but also perhaps a little basic initially?
(14-Sep-2017, 20:17)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Melco seem to be pretty fastidious with their software development and I'm fairly confident any app they produce could well be quite good, but also perhaps a little basic initially?

Hi, I use for about 1 year with Melco the Linn app "Kazoo" without problems. Runs stable without crashes etc. The Melco app would have more to be able to change to the Melco app. Cool would be, if the Melco can also be controlled (settings, back up, playback of ext. Drive etc .. Will wait and look what comes! Shy

Some pictures of the Melco app, from HiFiStatement Magazine!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Germany / Bavaria