Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to that.

Al I can be certain is that for my Dela rebranded to Melco unit, I am able to use the English menu and download English firmware updates.
Maybe that will help! Wink

Melco Synclets Co., Ltd. April 5, 2018

Using DELA Brand Products Outside of Japan Information About Using DELA Brand Products Overseas (Outside of Japan) Related Countries (Except Japan) National Use of DELA Product Important Statement Thank you for using our product. Regarding the use of "DELA" brand products outside of Japan in our support window, there is a request. Our "DELA" brand products were developed for use in Japan. Made and sold only in Japan. If you use "DELA" brand products outside of Japan, there is therefore no data loss / corruption without exception not being included in our support. Support for paid repairs I don't. Even if you could now use the "DELA brand" product outside of Japan, you could no longer use it in the future. Will be This change of specification is implemented without notice. Please note. We recently received multiple inquiries about DELA brand products from overseas users using DELA brand products outside of Japan. Our DELA brand products are developed and developed under the condition of use in Japan and we ONLY support these products not only sold but also used in the Japanese market. As a result, system failure, data loss or damage, and problems with the use of DELA branded products overseas, we do NOT provide technical support or repair service. Even if DELA branded products could be used outside of Japan, this will be the case in the future, as the firmware specifications have been changed without notice. Please understand this consent. I was recently involved in the exceptional use of DELA products in Japan. Here and here I am a special statement: DELA Goods Products Good for sale in Japan Market development and design of Japanese products. Factors related to the use of Japan outside of DELA's predecessor products, of course system failure, multiple failures or damages and various other causes. Use outside of Japan DELA deteriorated products during production, Hitoshi Iji Unpredictable technical support. In addition to the current situation, it is possible to use DELA products directly in Japan. Notified situation, suspension of reluctance to use DELA products abroad. Info from Melco!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Developing domestic and international markets with different "brands" without having both brands benefiting from the latest development is something I do not understand.
This is not an ideal situation for both Melco and Dela. How can they imagine that the users in their domestic market do not need menu in English and Ipad applications ?
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
To come back to my original question, what is the optimum utilization of a Melco Server with a Devialet amp in either USB or UPnP ?
Does using Melco only as a storage to send data to Roon/Audirvana can improve something ?
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(02-Jun-2020, 02:52)philoouu Wrote: To come back to my original question, what is the optimum utilization of a Melco Server with a Devialet amp in either USB or UPnP ?
Does using Melco only as a storage to send data to Roon/Audirvana can improve something ?

Hi, there is an improvement in all cases! I connected an N10 to the Devialet via UPNP and via USB. The signal path is as follows: FritzBox 6591 -> Melco S100 Switch -> Melco N10 -> from Melco player output to Devialet. A second port goes to Roon Nucleus +. The Melco serves as data storage, also for the nucleus. When I play without Roon I use the Linn Kazoo app or the Melco HD app. The Melco is easy to use in automatic download (HRA) or for backup! 90% play through UPNP and Roon App. I can not say anything negative about the combination, I am very satisfied! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(02-Jun-2020, 13:36)K4680 Wrote:
(02-Jun-2020, 02:52)philoouu Wrote: To come back to my original question, what is the optimum utilization of a Melco Server with a Devialet amp in either USB or UPnP ?

Hi, there is an improvement in all cases! I connected an N10 to the Devialet via UPNP and via USB. The signal path is as follows: FritzBox 6591 -> Melco S100 Switch -> Melco N10 -> from Melco player output to Devialet. A second port goes to Roon Nucleus +. The Melco serves as data storage, also for the nucleus. When I play without Roon I use the Linn Kazoo app or the Melco HD app. The Melco is easy to use in automatic download (HRA) or for backup! 90% play through UPNP and Roon App. I can not say anything negative about the combination, I am very satisfied! Wink
So the Nucleus+ is connected to another port of the S100, correct?

What sounds better in your opinion;
UPnP directly from the Melco or
Roon via Nucleus+?

Thanks

Franz

Gesendet von meinem moto g(7) plus mit Tapatalk
Melco N1A - Devialet 440 Pro - B&W 802 D3
(02-Jun-2020, 14:42)Fla7a Wrote:
(02-Jun-2020, 13:36)K4680 Wrote:

Hi, there is an improvement in all cases!  I connected an N10 to the Devialet via UPNP and via USB.  The signal path is as follows: FritzBox 6591 -> Melco S100 Switch -> Melco N10 -> from Melco player output to Devialet.  A second port goes to Roon Nucleus +.  The Melco serves as data storage, also for the nucleus.  When I play without Roon I use the Linn Kazoo app or the Melco HD app.  The Melco is easy to use in automatic download (HRA) or for backup!  90% play through UPNP and Roon App.  I can not say anything negative about the combination, I am very satisfied! Wink

Roon via Nucleus+?

Thanks

Franz

Hi Franz, Clearly via the filtered player output of the Melco! Yes, the Nucleus+ has an extra port on the switch.
The saved flacs sound better from the Melco than streamed via Qobus, Tidal ......
Germany / Bavaria
(02-Jun-2020, 14:52)K4680 Wrote:
(02-Jun-2020, 14:42)Fla7a Wrote:
(02-Jun-2020, 13:36)K4680 Wrote: Hi, there is an improvement in all cases!  I connected an N10 to the Devialet via UPNP and via USB.  The signal path is as follows: FritzBox 6591 -> Melco S100 Switch -> Melco N10 -> from Melco player output to Devialet.  A second port goes to Roon Nucleus +.  The Melco serves as data storage, also for the nucleus.  When I play without Roon I use the Linn Kazoo app or the Melco HD app.  The Melco is easy to use in automatic download (HRA) or for backup!  90% play through UPNP and Roon App.  I can not say anything negative about the combination, I am very satisfied! Wink

Roon via Nucleus+?

Thanks

Franz

Hi Franz, Clearly via the filtered player output of the Melco! Yes, the Nucleus+ has an extra port on the switch.
The saved flacs sound better from the Melco than streamed via Qobus, Tidal ......
Yes, I have the same experience, that locally stored files on the Melco do sound better than streaming (i.e. Qobuz with BubbleUPnP).

So just to state my question a bit more precisely; doesn't the data always go through the Player Port from the Melco to the Devialet no matter if it comes directly from the Melco (UPnP) or from the Nucleus+?

Do you hear any difference between the two?

Melco N1A - Devialet 440 Pro - B&W 802 D3
(02-Jun-2020, 15:24)Fla7a Wrote:
(02-Jun-2020, 14:52)K4680 Wrote:
(02-Jun-2020, 14:42)Fla7a Wrote: So the Nucleus+ is connected to another port of the S100, correct?

Roon via Nucleus+?

Thanks

Franz

Hi Franz, Clearly via the filtered player output of the Melco!  Yes, the Nucleus+ has an extra port on the switch.
Yes, I have the same experience, that locally stored files on the Melco do sound better than streaming (i.e. Qobuz with BubbleUPnP).

So just to state my question a bit more precisely; doesn't the data always go through the Player Port from the Melco to the Devialet no matter if it comes directly from the Melco (UPnP) or from the Nucleus+?

Do you hear any difference between the two?

No matter whether Melco or songs played by Roon, they always come through the Melco port! Even so, saved songs from Melco sound clearer! I can't hear such big differences between Lan and Usb port. My perception !!

Port assignment on the Melco switch:
P1-Melco N10
P5-FritzBox
P6-Roon Nucleus +
P7-Linn Klimax DS
Germany / Bavaria
Interestingly, I find that playing files stored on a Synology NAS connected to the Melco via a switch sounds bigger, with better midrange body and harmonics, and a longer decay trail.

This is notwithstanding the Synology being handicapped by a lower quality LAN cable. The upside is that the Synology is connected by an audiophile power cord to a Plixir Elite BAC3000 power conditioner. Am waiting to try a Plixir LPS on the Synology.

Playing files direct from the Melco is possibly quieter, leaner sounding but with better extension on the highs. Could be the way that the frequency balance is tilted though.

This is despite skeptical me doing frequent A-B tests over many months.

I am using Synology 918+ NAS > non-audiophile Cat 7 LAN cable > Cisco > Supra Cat 7 LAN cable > Melco N1ZH/60 network port - player port > Sablon LAN cable > DAC.

I was pointed to this direction by SimonCN (the developer of MinimServer). He runs Melco N1A > fiber optic > Melco S100 switch > fiber optic > Melco N1ZS network port > USB cable > DAC, and says that this sounds better than playing the files direct from the N1ZS.

Planning to try fiber optic connections next.