Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQA will be available for Bluesound devices tomorrow
For those with Bluesound devices, we'll be able to see what the fuss is about regarding MQA as of the June 1 firmware update.  MQA will be "app-enabled" so there will be no need for an MQA-enabled DAC.  Sweet!  When listening to MQA on Bluesound, the MQA logo will be shown in the app to indicate that the player is decoding and playing an MQA stream or file. This is how you'll know that the sound you’re hearing is identical to the original studio recording.  Right now, I have found one file on Tidal that is MQA-enabled (a Mozart album) and then there are the Norwegian site 2L free files.  So, little is out there, but we know the Warner catalog has committed to releasing some stuff and others will come in time.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Although the Mozart album on Tidal is MQA-coded, but it is not being detected as MQA music by my Bluesound Node. It stated as CD instead of a MQA logo on the bottom left corner of 'Now Playing' window. Right-clicking on the album to find out more info, last.fm reported the album being MQA Remix 2016. So, it is not actual MQA-encoded album.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier