Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac users: any reason not to upgrade to Yosemite?
I've been putting off the upgrade, figuring better to leave things as they are while it's working smoothly. On the other hand, I assume Devialet is doing their testing on the latest versions of OS X, so it's probably time to upgrade.

Any Devialet-related reasons I should avoid Yosemite? I use Ethernet AIR as my connection method from iMac to Devialet 250, relying on iTunes as my playback software.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
I updated to Yosemite and faced no problems. I don't use my Macbook as my main source though . But when I do occasionally use it, I use Air WiFi with Qobuz mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I have found AIR (2.1.3) on Yosemite to be marginally less stable than on Mountain Lion; I very occasionally get minor glitches and drop-outs, but they are rare enough not to bother me too much.  On Mountain Lion with AIR 2.1.2 I didn't have any trouble.

In case it matters, my Mac is wireless but my D400 is wired to my router.  Also I tend only to stream 16/44.1 and it's possible that things may behave differently with different data rates.

Not sure that there's much conclusion/generalisation to be drawn from the above.  I agree that it makes sense to keep reasonably up to date.  Having said that, I've heard (via Macintouch.com) that 10.10.3 might be best left alone for a while.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I haven't updated, so still on Mavericks. Like thumb5 I also stream wirelessly from iMac to APExp then optical to Dev, or iMac to router then ethernet to Dev if using AIR. Almost all files AIFF with only a handful of 24/96 or 24/192.

I haven't moved to Yosemite as some Cadd software I use has a few issues with Yosemite. I think, though I'm not sure, that issues with AIR were more common with the higher res file streaming?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I updated from Mavericks to Yosemite on my music dedicated iMac. After a few minutes I got a sound like a pulse jet via the Air-Ethernet input. I rebuilt the computer using the last backup (several hours) and no more problems.
OTOH I have Yosemite on my laptop and the occasional times I use Air with it have been fine so ??????
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Same here. Running Yosemite on my MB-Pro and no problem with AIR via Ethernet.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(27-Apr-2015, 18:00)flohmann Wrote: I've been putting off the upgrade, figuring better to leave things as they are while it's working smoothly. On the other hand, I assume Devialet is doing their testing on the latest versions of OS X, so it's probably time to upgrade.

Any Devialet-related reasons I should avoid Yosemite? I use Ethernet AIR as my connection method from iMac to Devialet 250, relying on iTunes as my playback software.

I use only Mac / iTunes under Yosemite without problem ( except some rare dropouts ) but I switched from AIR to Ethernet.
Cheers
Yaduvent
Furniture: USM Acoustic
Audio: Devialet 1000PRO - Mac Mini 2012, I7, Uptone DC conversion/Linear fan controle - Internal SSD - CD/BR LaCie BDXL (rip) - USB Regen - Uptone JS-2 Linear power supply - HD LaCie Thunderbolt
Power: Isotek Aquarius - Vovox power cable
Loudspeakers: Marten Django XL - Vovox Textura LS
With Yosemite, you cannot control Devialet volume with your Mac. This is a big downside for me and I stay with Mavericks which allows me to control volume.

Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
(29-Apr-2015, 03:35)Umetaro Wrote: With Yosemite, you cannot control Devialet volume with your Mac. This is a big downside for me and I stay with Mavericks which allows me to control volume.

I updated to Yosemite and I can control Devialet volume from my Macbook Pro

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(29-Apr-2015, 03:35)Umetaro Wrote: With Yosemite, you cannot control Devialet volume with your Mac. This is a big downside for me and I stay with Mavericks which allows me to control volume.

Just to clarify; you are controlling the volume from the Mac, and not an iPhone/ pod/ pad? I have not seen any Devialet function on my iMac that controls volume. Or are you referring to the normal volume slider that is part of iTunes?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada