Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico A5
Dear all,

I was wondering whether some of you could already listen to the new Magico A5 with your devialet (or something else).
What do you think of them?
I have read some very good stuff; like game changer and best quality/price inside the Magico speakers.
I have listened to SabrinaX, B&W 802D and TAD E1TX-K. For the moment, I have a slight preference for the TAD but I really want to listen to the Magico before making my final decision.

Thank you.
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(24-Sep-2020, 04:15)philoouu Wrote: Dear all,

I was wondering whether some of you could already listen to the new Magico A5 with your devialet (or something else).
What do you think of them?
I have read some very good stuff; like game changer and best quality/price inside the Magico speakers.
I have listened to SabrinaX, B&W 802D and TAD E1TX-K. For the moment, I have a slight preference for the TAD but I really want to listen to the Magico before making my final decision.

Thank you.

Not quite the answer you’re seeking but I’ve had a pair of Magico A3’s (suits the size of my listening room) using an Expert Pro 1000 for about a year now (where does the time go?) and an Aurender N10 and I find them astonishingly good.  I’m assuming the A5’s will go deeper, but the sound for me is as good as I’m ever going to be able to afford.  Soundstage is excellent.  I would urge you to try either the Magico Apod’s (expensive) or as I have done the IsoAcoustic Gaia feet.  Made a significant improvement.
@Lincolnlad

Thanks for your answer.

I guess A1 and A3 became quite popular and Magico took the opportunity to increase their entry product line with the A5.
When you buy them they come with no feet/spikes at all? 

Good point with the TAD, spikes/cones all included.
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(26-Sep-2020, 06:57)philoouu Wrote: @Lincolnlad

Thanks for your answer.

I guess A1 and A3 became quite popular and Magico took the opportunity to increase their entry product line with the A5.
When you buy them they come with no feet/spikes at all? 

Good point with the TAD, spikes/cones all included.

Spikes are included (very substantial and sharp!). The Gaia feet were an amazing improvement - I’ve read great things about the Apods - but £1800 for a set)
Thanks. Hopefully I will be able to listen A5 and A3 sometimes soon. Hard to find any reviews yet on the A5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/inde...udspeakers

No comparison with any other speakers. Not even A3  Undecided
(there are some comparisons on forums)
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

I have the A5 speakers here now and you can read my earlier thoughts on the speakers over on AudioShark, including how they compare to the A3. The A5 speakers are in very heavy demand (i.e. there will be a long turnaround time if you place an order) and are outstanding for what they provide at their price point.

The speakers come with spikes and hardwood floor protection cups. The grilles are optional (and cost extra), and you can also upgrade to Magico APOD feet if you want.
Neko Audio
@NekoAudio @Delija
Thanks for your comment and reviews.

I could finally listen to the new Magico A5 with a Expert Pro 250. Very nice indeed. So much details and clarity, bass are very tight and controlled. They were not with the Apod but the spike cups were not the original ones; they were upgraded. I have to say it was like listening much more expensive speakers... I could feel the musicality of the Wilson Audio SabrinaX, the details of the 802D and the soundstage of the Tad E1.
I am still hesitating between the Tad Evolution E1TX-K and the Magico A5. Magico looks better I think, only weak point is their heavy weight (hard to move once installed).
If you have Dynaudio dealer in your neighborhood - I think you should listen to Dynaudio Confidence 50.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(07-Oct-2020, 09:17)Delija Wrote: If you have Dynaudio dealer in your neighborhood - I think you should listen to Dynaudio Confidence 50.

I was also surprised by the quality of the new Confidence range. I listened to the smallest of the bunch, and bought it on the spot. Maybe @Pim should have a listen too Smile