Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mains power and conditioning
I have 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits to my listening room. 20amp breaker>10ga Romex>Oyaide R1 outlet. Main gear is fed from a Shunyata Talos.. The other outlet/circuit feeds my REL Sub. I've never experienced any loss of dynamics from this setup, and I have a very very quiet black background..

(11-Aug-2014, 17:56)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

Moving to our new home and I am getting close to thinking about what dedicated spur and cable to install. Any suggestions for the mains cable? The spur will be one from Klangmodul. All suggestions and experiences from you will be greatly appreciated.

/Mike
(11-Aug-2014, 18:28)ErikM Wrote: I have 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits to my listening room. 20amp breaker>10ga Romex>Oyaide R1 outlet. Main gear is fed from a Shunyata Talos.. The other outlet/circuit feeds my REL Sub. I've never experienced any loss of dynamics from this setup, and I have a very very quiet black background..

(11-Aug-2014, 17:56)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

Moving to our new home and I am getting close to thinking about what dedicated spur and cable to install. Any suggestions for the mains cable? The spur will be one from Klangmodul. All suggestions and experiences from you will be greatly appreciated.

/Mike

Great! Thanks for the input! Where can I find the Romex?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
http://www.southwire.com/romex.htm

Great! Thanks for the input! Where can I find the Romex?

/Mike
[/quote]
Any one else with suggestions for a installation type mains cable?

Furutech, JPS others?
Any one with experiences from this?

And where can I get an outlet box (Schuko) for wall mounting?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
If you're into installation cable, this one is specially good to avoid EMC radiation/capture.

http://acceme.free.fr/VMVB.pdf

In english too:

Eupen cable

It is sold as an "ecological" cable that minimizes electric and magnetic fields at home - but it does filter RF too.

I am using it for the last meter only, but it is quite inflexible (solid conductors of 2,5 mm2)
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

(15-Jul-2014, 09:29)Kunter Wrote: I used PS Audio p10 and tried Synergistic Research with Devialet.

With a single Devialet 250, P10 was a very good addition, Synergistic messed up with many things.

When I moved to 2 units, especially with the new firmware, I hated the dynamic loss so I took the P10 out.

Now I have a Torus Power 16 amp isolation transformer with very good results.

And in my experience, careful power cable selection, not necessarily expensive, is very crucial for amp performance.

Cheers
Hi Kunter
I noticed that you live in Turkey, and I am soon moving to TRNC, so I am presuming main utility power will be similar. People tell me that North Cyprus power supply is not great, frequent power cuts and fluctuating mains. So I am concerned about protecting my hi-if and most importantly my Dev 200. Initially, I am starting to consider a PS Audio P5 regenerator, but is this OTT for the location, or indeed wise?

What about others living in 'dodgy' power areas?
Cheers
Allen
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I moved from The Netherlands to Indonesia. Power is very bad here. No earth and sometimes you feel a little power outside of my Devialet.
I'm thinking of a UPS or Power Conditioner, but what will happen with te sound?
Who has some good tips?
I use my D440 Pro with a Silver Circle Audio Pure Power 5 power conditioner.

I have tried to use my system without it, and every time I take it out a I miss it, music sounds too trebly/bight/harsh/thin without it.

Most recent episode was my removing the D440 Pros from the power conditioner and plugging straight into the wall for the past week. Everything was ok, till Thursday when I played a number of records, and it wasn't the most pleasant experience, something just sounded not right, I thought it was because I had been playing around with VTA. Turns out I had forgotten my D440 was not going through the Silver Circle. Plugged it back in and all was right.

I know, not very scientific, etc, however this has occurred enough when I pull the Silver Circle from my system, and believe me I would like nothing better than not to need this 100 lb. box in my listening room. I wish it was gone, that it made no difference, I would gladly part with it. But seemingly it does make a difference in my system.

YMMV.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Pjotr,
I'm in UK with pretty good mains, have a PS Audio P3, took it out and makes no difference. The Pro power supply is very sophisticated and should cope with anything. I also use the Devialet supplied power cable.
I called Devialet and they told me that as far as they know most Expert users don't use conditioners or regenerators.
Personally, I would email Devialet support, tell them what the problem is with the mains supply and take their advice. I have always found them helpful, they may take a day to reply due to time difference.
I use an APS continuous power supply/surge protector for my streamer and router, cost under €100 on Amazon. I also use them on all desktop computers and my NAS drive.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
Thanks, i will contact Devialet first.
Maybe i buy an APS, it is not so expensive here and i can also use it on my NAS.
Which wattage shall i buy? 600 watt or more?