Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master - Slave - But which is which?
Having had back my 440, and remounting them in my rack, I suddenly had a panic attack!

Which one is the master and which the slave?

Sounds stupid, but I cant remember, as they look identical! I must be having a senior moment!

..or is it just the config file that dictates which is which?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
When I bought D 400 the dealer had switched the delivery boxes. Noticed it when I took out the first SD card.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
THAT is what I am worried about cos the cards were loose in the boxes when they came back after upgrade...

I have a feeling that the older one was the Master (but - it had the companion card in there), and the newer one (the companion - I think), bought later had the Master card...

How do I tell? Undecided
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
I was informed by Devialet that following the Core Infinity upgrade, effectively all Pro’s would become masters. So the master will be whichever one you decide to insert the master SD card into.

As to which one was originally the master, it might now be impossible to tell. He’s hoping that you are not OCD or this one might drive you bonkers.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Well-well!

So I am not going MAD then! I thought I had the onset of .... No! Don't want to go there!

Thank you for your post.....

As it happens, I got it working a few mins ago...

Also of note is that the last number of the serial number on both machines seems to have been transposed to a 2!!!!!! That threw me also!

Few issues I have noted...

It seems to lose the right channel when switched say from Line 1 to Aes SOURCES!
Rebooting seems to sort this out, but it is nonetheless disconcerting! Have pinged Devialet about this...
Of course..... The serial numbers should allow you to establish which are which, (or which were which), and can be double checked on the “my products” page on Devialet’s website.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(11-Dec-2017, 21:40)Confused Wrote: I was informed by Devialet that following the Core Infinity upgrade, effectively all Pro’s would become masters.  So the master will be whichever one you decide to insert the master SD card into.

As to which one was originally the master, it might now be impossible to tell.  He’s hoping that you are not OCD or this one might drive you bonkers.

That would be wonderful if both became Masters, as mine is in Devialet's hands at the moment, has anyone who received their unit back confirmed that is the case? Not that I am doubting what you have reported.

Also for those with a Master-Companion, after the upgrade does each unit have a wi-fi antenna provided?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(12-Dec-2017, 02:28)baddog Wrote:
(11-Dec-2017, 21:40)Confused Wrote: I was informed by Devialet that following the Core Infinity upgrade, effectively all Pro’s would become masters.  So the master will be whichever one you decide to insert the master SD card into.

As to which one was originally the master, it might now be impossible to tell.  He’s hoping that you are not OCD or this one might drive you bonkers.

That would be wonderful if both became Masters, as mine is in Devialet's hands at the moment, has anyone who received their unit back confirmed that is the case? Not that I am doubting what you have reported.

Also for those with a Master-Companion, after the upgrade does each unit have a wi-fi antenna provided?

As it stands at the moment, only the Master has the little Ethernet graphic on the display, which has a cross through it if no cable is connected, although I haven’t tried swapping SD cards. Both amps have a wi-Fi antenna fitted.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel Thanks for the information. Guess I have a little experimenting to do when I get the units back. Interesting that both have the Wi-Fi antennas.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Yes, both have antennas and look physically identical now (unless I missed something), but I haven't tried anything different configwise yet...