Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master - Slave - But which is which?
mine says master on the display when in standby.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

the difference between Master and Companion was only the Remote and the Master had the Wifi Board installed. It seems that both amps get the CI board, so they both are masters now. But you still have only one remote that will only work with the linked amp which must be the master.
Mine says yes master.
(12-Dec-2017, 21:52)Waiski Wrote: Mine says yes master.

Only if you put the Master 'Card' in the slot. Am I right that if you swap the card with the Companion one in the same machine, then it will read 'Companion' ???
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(13-Dec-2017, 10:42)teddlesdee Wrote:
(12-Dec-2017, 21:52)Waiski Wrote: Mine says yes master.

Only if you put the Master 'Card' in the slot. Am I right that if you swap the card with the Companion one in the same machine, then it will read 'Companion' ???

My companion doesn't display the fact, only the master.
I haven't tried it recently but they don't need a card in to work, so I don'y imagine the card is the reason for master being in the display.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Last week I bought a 220 companion that has just come from Devialet for fitting the CI board.

My original 220 is going back to Devialet next week for the CI upgrade. So I have set up the newly upgraded companion as a master.

I loaded the configuration file from my original 220 and the companion works as a master, even the remote from my original 220 works. So as I see it they will all work as a master or a companion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
@disarmamant Thanks for sharing, are you using the WIFI, Ethernet or USB input on the former "companion"?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(16-Dec-2017, 21:40)baddog Wrote: @disarmamant Thanks for sharing, are you using the WIFI, Ethernet or USB input on the former "companion"?

I’m using the Ethernet, or ‘AIR’ as it’s called now, the AES/EBU input and the optical input. The AIR input I’m using with Roon. It all works fine. I have not tried the WIFI, but I have no reason to doubt that it would work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Thanks, I am amazed they actually made the companions into masters, nice touch.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US