Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
Does any one have experience with link cable longer than 1 meter?

I´m about to order a 1,3-1,5 meter Audioprana link cable but not sure if the extra length will be an disadvantage concerning delay, timing etc.

//Johan
Squeezebox Touch (digital mod) with linear PS - Audioquest Eagle Eye - Devialet 400 - DFPC signature PC - Tellurium Q Ultra Black - Raidho X-1
Seriously? I don't think you need to worry about that... Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I ordered the one meter and I kind of regret it now as it limits me. I think I should have gone for the 1.5m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Out of curiosity, how far apart do you have your units? As I do perfectly fine with 0,7 meters.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(29-Mar-2015, 17:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Out of curiosity, how far apart do you have your units? As I do perfectly fine with 0,7 meters.

/Mike

They are apart enough to make the one meter cable stretched

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(29-Mar-2015, 19:01)amabrok Wrote:
(29-Mar-2015, 17:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Out of curiosity, how far apart do you have your units? As I do perfectly fine with 0,7 meters.

/Mike

OK, thanks, so short speaker cables then?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(31-Mar-2015, 00:03)Mikeeo Wrote:
(29-Mar-2015, 19:01)amabrok Wrote:

/Mike

OK, thanks, so short speaker cables then?

/Mike
Well technically I only need 0.7m speakers cables but mine are actually 3m long! Of course folded neatly Smile

Dubai, UAE
Finally had time to plug in the Audioprana RCA to XLR silver cable in my D400 and I'm really impressed! Sound is cleaner and more relaxed and there is less Lag between the master and slave units.

Excellent initial impression and will of course do more critical listening but for now I'm happy.

Dubai, UAE
(31-Mar-2015, 07:27)amabrok Wrote: Finally had time to plug in the Audioprana RCA to XLR silver cable in my D400 and I'm really impressed! Sound is cleaner and more relaxed and there is less Lag between the master and slave units.

Excellent initial impression and will of course do more critical listening but for now I'm happy.

Is it better than the Neutrik NA2MPMM adapter + an AES/EBU cable that you used before?
Which AES/EBU cable was that?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(31-Mar-2015, 07:27)amabrok Wrote: Finally had time to plug in the Audioprana RCA to XLR silver cable in my D400 and I'm really impressed! Sound is cleaner and more relaxed and there is less Lag between the master and slave units.

BTW, did you upgrade the firmware on master and slave with the version from Dec 23, 2014 before you compared the old and the new cables? Which one are you comparing with?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket