Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco dropping out
Is anyone else having problems with the Melco dropping out ?
I have been using the Arcam app for a couple of months now and there are always the odd glitches. Like keep having to close the app for it to recognise my Melco, and on occasions it also fails to find the Devialet
All this I can deal with as its just a bit of fiddling around, however lately I have started having drop outs. I don't get this as the Melco and 200 are connected by USB

After my AIR issues this is frustrating
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hi

Mine seems ok with the caveat that I gave up with The Arcam app, it would sometimes stop in the middle of a playlist, ie not play the next song.

I went back to kinsky as its reliable if basic.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(18-Feb-2016, 11:40)Chris Marshall Wrote: Hi

Mine seems ok with the caveat that I gave up with The Arcam app, it would sometimes stop in the middle of a playlist, ie not play the next song.

I went back to kinsky as its reliable if basic.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Chris , yes that's exactly what I have done this morning, hope it stops the dropouts
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
I've never got the Arcam app to recognise the Melco as a source at all! (and yes I had the USB-DAC mode set to zero). I've left it for ages and it never finds it.
Hi Rufus, hopefully it's the Arcam app causing my problems then. It sometimes takes a little while to find the Melco , but I am now starting to think that it no may keep losing it on occasions when music is in playback , this would cause the dropouts .
Anyway for now I am back to Kinsky so we will see.

I am also getting another router off sky so I can dedicate one router to my Hifi and one for all the other stuff I use. It will be fun trying to set all this up as I am hopeless with that kind of stuff

Thanks for reply
(18-Feb-2016, 11:57)Womaz Wrote: Hi Rufus, hopefully it's the Arcam app causing my problems then. It sometimes takes a little while to find the Melco , but I am now starting to think that it no may keep losing it on occasions when music is in playback , this would cause the dropouts .

I am also getting another router off sky so I can dedicate one router to my Hifi and one for all the other stuff I use. It will be fun trying to set all this up as I am hopeless with that kind of stuff

Thanks for reply

If you use two routers will you run your phone or tablet on the same router as the hifi equipment? I suppose you have to have the Melco and control on the same network and not Melco on one and the control on the other routers wifi.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(18-Feb-2016, 12:22)octaviars Wrote:
(18-Feb-2016, 11:57)Womaz Wrote: Hi Rufus, hopefully it's the Arcam app causing my problems then. It sometimes takes a little while to find the Melco , but I am now starting to think that it no may keep losing it on occasions when music is in playback , this would cause the dropouts .

Thanks for reply

If you use two routers will you run your phone or tablet on the same router as the hifi equipment? I suppose you have to have the Melco and control on the same network and not Melco on one and the control on the other routers wifi.

You raise a good point and the truth is I have no idea. Never thought of this. Also ripping CDs with power amp and this is on the same network as the Melco. I am hopeless at this kind of stuff and never thought of these problems
I do have multiple routers, the main one being a managed switch which most things are connected to. the Melco is actually connected wirelessly to the main network by use of a small TP-Link wireless Nanorouter. It's probably something to do with this and it is rather lacking in configurable settings (specifically IGMP-related ones). Kinsky works fine though. I'll try it hardwired to the rest of the network and see if the Arcam app sees the Melco then - I'm willing to bet it does.