Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microphone Phantom II karaoke?
Hi all

I am new on this forum but couldn’t find the answer to my question in the chats so far. So sorry if I am dublicating a previous topic.

I have installed 2 Phantom II speakers and use them to stream audio mainly via Airplay. 
For Karaoke or sing-a-long purposes I want to connect a microphone to the Phantom / Devialet system. 

Does anyone has a suggestion how to do this and which microphone can  be used to do this?

Or should I connect first a microphone to my iPhone from which I am streaming audio? 

Many thanks for your help
I believe, due to the internal latency, the Phantom wouldn't be any good as a karaoke speaker.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I concur with @ragwo For the Karaoke use case, you need to get the phantom II custom...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
This is disappointing, I was hopeful that I could create a Karaoke set up using my two Phantom 1 speakers.
Is phantom 11 my only solution ?
@Saintstephen
A normal Phantom II won't help you, the one @njaiswal mentions is a special one for custom installations, with built-in Dante, without app support. You will also need a preamplifier, preferably supporting Dante protocol, and that's not cheap.

You can enable optical direct mode in your existing speakers to get about zero latency but then you'll still need a preamplifier/mixer with a variable optical output, or a preamp/mixer with analogue outputs and an analogue to digital converter (ADC) with optical output. In both cases you'll also need an optical splitter to get your karaoke going. I'm no die hard karaoke fan, so I wouldn't be bothered, but if you really want to try it, please keep us posted.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
That is far too complicated technically for me.
I will need to look at other options.
Thanks
I don’t believe the Phantom II has optical direct mode?