Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MiniDSP SHD supports Roon RAAT
(20-Oct-2019, 13:56)petrik Wrote:
(20-Oct-2019, 11:52)ogs Wrote: I don't think we'll ever see room correction on the CI. EQ maybe...

Let’s see. Room correction, eq, convolution etc should all be possible on the Expert Pro/CI. It just requires some software development.

I truly hope to see these features on the Expert Pro. Without these features the Devialet seems a bit  old-fashioned. There are many other brands that do have a built-in room correction.
I have my doubts that the Expert Pro/CI and the Phantoms can ever do convolution without a hardware upgrade.  Convolution using larger taps (samples) requires fast CPU.  Realistically, convolution should be done externally e.g. on Roon or MinimServer UPnP.
(21-Oct-2019, 13:34)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(20-Oct-2019, 13:56)petrik Wrote:
(20-Oct-2019, 11:52)ogs Wrote: I don't think we'll ever see room correction on the CI. EQ maybe...

Let’s see. Room correction, eq, convolution etc should all be possible on the Expert Pro/CI. It just requires some software development.

I truly hope to see these features on the Expert Pro. Without these features the Devialet seems a bit  old-fashioned. There are many other brands that do have a built-in room correction.
I have my doubts that the Expert Pro/CI and the Phantoms can ever do convolution without a hardware upgrade.  Convolution using larger taps (samples) requires fast CPU.  Realistically, convolution should be done externally e.g. on Roon or MinimServer UPnP.

I have had an email discussion with one of the Devialet's engineer regarding this topic and he has confirmed that running convolution inside the Devialet Expert Pro/CI is possible with current hardware.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(21-Oct-2019, 13:40)petrik Wrote:
(21-Oct-2019, 13:34)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(20-Oct-2019, 13:56)petrik Wrote: Let’s see. Room correction, eq, convolution etc should all be possible on the Expert Pro/CI. It just requires some software development.

I have had an email discussion with one of the Devialet's engineer regarding this topic and he has confirmed that running convolution inside the Devialet Expert Pro/CI is possible with current hardware.
Interesting, likely with smaller taps. I am using Convolution for my Phantom Golds with MinimServer and it is very efficient compared with Roon using same Intel NUC.
(21-Oct-2019, 13:49)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(21-Oct-2019, 13:40)petrik Wrote:
(21-Oct-2019, 13:34)Snoopy8 Wrote: I have my doubts that the Expert Pro/CI and the Phantoms can ever do convolution without a hardware upgrade.  Convolution using larger taps (samples) requires fast CPU.  Realistically, convolution should be done externally e.g. on Roon or MinimServer UPnP.

Interesting, likely with smaller taps. I am using Convolution for my Phantom Golds with MinimServer and it is very efficient compared with Roon using same Intel NUC.

Yes, probably there would be some limitations.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland