Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Missing Airplay in DOS2
I think I am going to wait for DOS 2.1 before updating.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(31-Oct-2019, 12:37)sekriT Wrote: I think I am going to wait for DOS 2.1 before updating.

It's already DOS 2.8.0, I don't know how you count but you should probably wait for DOS 2.9  Big Grin Big Grin
I have the same problem:
I updated my single phantom (pre-Airplay) as well as my dialogue (AirPlay-enabled).
I followed all the instructions.
Everything seems ok but phantom doesn’t show up as an airplay-device anymore.
Bluetooth works.
This is really bad as I was using phantom through airplay exclusively.
What can I do?

BTW: if it still airplay or airplay 2 now in DOS2?
From what I've read it's a "different" implementation of Airplay 1. Airplay 2 is promised in the future. I have a support ticket in. I would suggest doing the same. They won't fix something that seems to be an isolated issue as readily as something numerous people are reporting.
After careful consideration and testing an UPnP setup (see my other thread "UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations?") I decided to make the switch. Of course the incentive of upgrading my Phantom Classics to 2000W was not uninfluential. Both Phantoms do only have BT, only my Dialog has AirPlay. The upgrade went smooth except for the Dialog Setup ... As others have described it would not integrate and become an AirPlay renderer. The Phantoms play in Stereo now and the sound upgrade is highly appreciated. I have no idea though how I can reintegrate Dialog in the network (It is "set up" and shows as device). I filed a report. And of course on Friday and Saturdays Devialet Phone support is not available in the US ... Any ideas that could possibly help me to solve this riddle are highly welcomed. I tried to figure it out from the previous postings but this was not conclusive.

UPDATE:
Interesting observation. The optical input of my Dialog works. It would distribute a Stereo Signal to my Phantoms. No Airplay Though ...

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Hey @seb I have a support ticket in on that. After a week of radio silence I’ve been asked to provide the serial numbers for all three devices. I’ll update again once I have more, or hopefully a potential solution. I reset the phantoms (three click routine) after the dialog firmware had been updated and still no Airplay option is appearing.

I bought my phantom in mid 2018, when they were being marketed as Phantom Elevate, but on researching some of the logic of the serial numbers, I think I was sold old 2016 stock (serial starts with J and somewhere someone indicated that the letters change each year, and L represented 2018: not sure the accuracy of that info just yet). I assumed I had airplay capable phantom but maybe the dialog was doing that work the whole time (I’ll fight that battle next with my hifi shop once I establish through this ticket what the true capabilities are: without the ability to revert back, turn off the dialog and check spark, I can’t tell if I have airplay or not if — as the FAQ states — the way to find out if your phantom are airplay capable is by checking spark (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ompatible-)).

I’m only mildly put out right now, as RAAT via a rpi-hifiberry optical is my primary means of streaming, but if the vintage of my phantom affects its compatibility with any future DOS2 Roon-RAAT integration, I’m going to feel a bit taken.
(09-Nov-2019, 16:36)vaguedetails Wrote: Hey @seb I have a support ticket in on that. After a week of radio silence I’ve been asked to provide the serial numbers for all three devices. I’ll update again once I have more, or hopefully a potential solution. I reset the phantoms (three click routine) after the dialog firmware had been updated and still no Airplay option is appearing.

I bought my phantom in mid 2018, when they were being marketed as Phantom Elevate, but on researching some of the logic of the serial numbers, I think I was sold old 2016 stock (serial starts with J and somewhere someone indicated that the letters change each year, and L represented 2018: not sure the accuracy of that info just yet). I assumed I had airplay capable phantom but maybe the dialog was doing that work the whole time (I’ll fight that battle next with my hifi shop once I establish through this ticket what the true capabilities are: without the ability to revert back, turn off the dialog and check spark, I can’t tell if I have airplay or not if — as the FAQ states — the way to find out if your phantom are airplay capable is by checking spark (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ompatible-)).

I’m only mildly put out right now, as RAAT via a rpi-hifiberry optical is my primary means of streaming, but if the vintage of my phantom affects its compatibility with any future DOS2 Roon-RAAT integration, I’m going to feel a bit taken.

Thanks. Yes, keep me updated. I am aware that my Phantoms do not have Airplay as I was an early mover. Only a later Dialog model provided that functionality for me in DOS1. As the Dialog connects to my Phantoms after the upgrade for Optical I guess the Airplay issue can be resolved via update. Hopefully we will also get an interface for settings like name of the Airplay renderer and password. I now use UPnP for my music library and TIDAL. I really hope that Devialet will provide a solution soon as Airplay is very convenient for ad hoc music listening as well as Apple TV watching.

BTW I have Firmware 2.8.3 installed and I read somewhere else that support seems to be able to update via a tag linked to the serialnumber. Let's hope they have a solution in the works or even ready.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(31-Oct-2019, 17:01)Haytera Wrote:
(31-Oct-2019, 12:37)sekriT Wrote: I think I am going to wait for DOS 2.1 before updating.

It's already DOS 2.8.0, I don't know how you count but you should probably wait for DOS 2.9  Big Grin Big Grin
Good, I am going to wait for DOS 3 then (or may be windows 9)  Confused
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(10-Nov-2019, 05:46)eniriop Wrote:
(31-Oct-2019, 17:01)Haytera Wrote:

Good, I am going to wait for DOS 3 then (or may be windows 9)  Confused

DOS 3.1 is the best.
(10-Nov-2019, 13:08)dmitrek Wrote: DOS 3.1 is the best.

I'm on the Beta release channel.