Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mojo audio Deja Vu EVO
I’ll start by saying that I have never been that much of a believer in the importance of a super optimized digital source.

My thinking has always been along the lines of “as long as it’s good enough”.

I am currently driving my D1000 CI through a top notch Melco S10 router, possibly the best there is, using recent Shunyata Omega ethernet cables. 

Even if I were to believe in the importance of jitter and noise line for TCP/IP based music replay, the source seems very far upstream of the important action. It should make no difference whatsoever as long as it can ship bitperfect stuff to the Melco.

I guess that a poor source with a switching power supply not properly grounded could cause other issues.

But my former Mac mini was using an LPS and was grounded. The sound was already breathtaking. So what?

Well, the upgrade urge kicked in and I decided to replace it by the latest marvel by Mojo audio. A “less is more source” if there ever was one. I equipped it with the best possible options in terms of internal shielding and a JCAT XE USB card that I’ll use some day.

And... my god... it does make a clear difference still.

The sound is still liquid and smooth, but the focus has increased significantly. The piano of Keith Jarret on Rio  is right there in the room. The initial 30 second of my midnight sugar SACD rip and that amazing bass line pierced by the piano are insanely moving. The bass of Tricky in Past mistake shakes the building...

This thing just rocks.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1