Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
More Air + Win 10
Hello,

My message is described in my below email to Dev support.  Anyone have a similar problem or suggestions?

"This question is regarding trouble with Air.  

I own a d200, nice piece of gear, thanks.  However, I have continual trouble with Air.  I have downloaded and used many different firmware and Air version with some short term success.  Rude loud white noise or static occurs and has always occurred during long listening sessions.  I have written with these issues before and gotten a somewhat unsatisfactoy response of we know and are working on it.

I am now using Win 10 on a MS Surface Pro with Firmware 9 and Air 2.14 beta.  I get good results using USB, but would prefer to use, and bought my d200 to use Air.  I have been trying for the last several months wired through my router.

Yesterday I got a Blue Screen of Death, my first with Win 10, and this error message "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(AIRAudioDriver.sys)

I can now not connect via Ethernet at all, no sound nothing.

I have restored my system to a previous Restore point, turned off and unplugged my system, d200, and router SEVERAL times.  I have downloaded and reinstalled new software and firmware even using a new SD card for the firmware. I have tried 2 other Ethernet cables, always the same result ....nothing.   In Control panel, Hardware and Sound, Manage your Audio devices I can see the Devialet and the Sound bars next to it respond, but NO music.

I can play through my Surface speakers and through my d200 via USB, but no Air. I bought this to use wirelessly with your highly advertized Air program.  

Even getting pack to music over Air with rude, loud white noise after awhile would be better than nothing.

Please help."
Sorry to hear that you are encountering AIR white noises problem. Many, if not all, of us are having similar problems before. However, some of us (including myself) are having relatively stable AIR operations now with Win10 (we're the LUCKY ones).

My recommendation to you now is to uninstall Devialet AIR. Use CCleaner to clear the registry. Reinstall Devialet AIR 2.1.3. Make sure your Win10 is updated to latest version (1511 OS Build 10586.164).

By the way, when playing music to your Devialet AIR, please make sure your Audio playback device has set Devialet AIR as default.

Give it another try and see what happen. Good luck.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(15-Mar-2016, 08:52)Zorbon Wrote: ….
 I have written with these issues before and gotten a somewhat unsatisfactoy response of we know and are working on it.
…..

Zorbon, sadly the response you got is about as good as anyone gets from Devialet re AIR issues, and we suspect the only thing they're actually working on is a strategy for how long they can avoid the issue by saying 'they're working on it'. Sad Either that, or they corralled together a couple of giraffes and a zebra (no offence to either), threw a ZX Spectrum and a book of 'how to write your first Basic code' at them, and told them to report in when they had a working solution…..

On the bright side, I'm certain that there are some good pointers already on this site for your issues, but I don't use Windows so will wait for someone else to chime in. Meantime, don't give up with support, keep hounding them even if they ignore you (like they do me - "we'll discuss with our engineers and get back to you"….. silence…. months pass…"hello, anyone there?"…. silence… repeat….). Also, would recommend people post such questions on their Facebook page, since Devialet are very image conscious.

(hk beat me to it, and with a much more useful answer)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thanks hk6230, is that Hong Kong? I am in Thailand and travel to Macao and sometimes Hong Kong 3 to 4 times a year.

I have done all you suggest and restored to past restore points when Air sorta worked. As you may notice, i go to control panel and can see the dev air as a sound device with the sound bars to the right responding, but nothing gets out.

Are you suggesting 2.13 over 2.14beta?

(15-Mar-2016, 09:06)hk6230 Wrote: Sorry to hear that you are encountering AIR white noises problem. Many, if not all, of us are having similar problems before. However, some of us (including myself) are having relatively stable AIR operations now with Win10 (we're the LUCKY ones).

My recommendation to you now is to uninstall Devialet AIR. Use CCleaner to clear the registry. Reinstall Devialet AIR 2.1.3. Make sure your Win10 is updated to latest version (1511 OS Build 10586.164).

By the way, when playing music to your Devialet AIR, please make sure your Audio playback device has set Devialet AIR as default.

Give it another try and see what happen. Good luck.
Thanks, I will keep after them and post responses.

(15-Mar-2016, 09:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(15-Mar-2016, 08:52)Zorbon Wrote: ….
 I have written with these issues before and gotten a somewhat unsatisfactoy response of we know and are working on it.
…..

Zorbon, sadly the response you got is about as good as anyone gets from Devialet re AIR issues, and we suspect the only thing they're actually working on is a strategy for how long they can avoid the issue by saying 'they're working on it'. Sad  Either that, or they corralled together a couple of giraffes and a zebra (no offence to either), threw a ZX Spectrum and a book of 'how to write your first Basic code' at them, and told them to report in when they had a working solution…..

On the bright side, I'm certain that there are some good pointers already on this site for your issues, but I don't use Windows so will wait for someone else to chime in.  Meantime, don't give up with support, keep hounding them even if they ignore you (like they do me - "we'll discuss with our engineers and get back to you"….. silence…. months pass…"hello, anyone there?"…. silence… repeat….). Also, would recommend people post such questions on their Facebook page, since Devialet are very image conscious.

(hk beat me to it, and with a much more useful answer)
(15-Mar-2016, 10:37)Zorbon Wrote: Thanks hk6230, is that Hong Kong? I am in Thailand and travel to Macao and sometimes Hong Kong 3 to 4 times a year.

I have done all you suggest and restored to past restore points when Air sorta worked. As you may notice, i go to control panel and can see the dev air as a sound device with the sound bars to the right responding, but nothing gets out.

Are you suggesting 2.13 over 2.14beta?

Yes, I do recommend AIR 2.1.3 over 2.1.4beta. Check your taskbar and see if the Devialet logo is highlighted (indicating it is connected to your Expert).

P.S. I'm actually in Shanghai. I started using hk6230 as my nickname on almost all online activities as it was my first car's license plate in China (which cost more than USD13000 for it). Just a piece of aluminium plate and I have to pay such an obnoxious price for it.

Gary
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I find AIR to just be an obnoxious tease.   I do really like the sound quality I get when I am able to use AIR.  Often it works without a glitch (2.13 on latest Win 10).  But occasionally, it doesn't (ranging from occasional dropouts to not working at all).  I then get pissed, spend time trying to make it work again, reboot the computer, kick the dog, yell at the kids, and then switch back to using a Squeezebox Touch and swear I'll never use AIR again.    

If you are fortunate enough to use it without any glitches, you must be living right and I am truly envious.  But personally, I think Devialet has done a real disservice with AIR and has jaded my opinion of this company that has otherwise produced an amazing piece of technology.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(16-Mar-2016, 18:16)mdconnelly Wrote: ….
But personally, I think Devialet has done a real disservice with AIR and has jaded my opinion of this company that has otherwise produced an amazing piece of technology.

The 'jaded due to AIR' club has far too many members, sadly.

(jaded club member #1 rant removed for kharma)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Devialet Support (Devialet)

Oct 5
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
This noise issue is well known here but greatly depends on the computer + OS combination. Our engineers are continuously working on a fix and as soon as possible we will share it with all our users.
Please note that to achieve robust streaming, a strong and dedicated network is required. We also advised to set air to 16/44.1 mode and see if noise still occurs
For solid streaming though we really recommend to use USB instead.
Best regards,
Océane Turpin
Customer Care

============

still waiting.... you're not alone mate!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I love the way they recommend USB when AIR was a £1000 option a couple of years ago. "The best cable is no cable." Not anymore!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12