Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move from 200 to 400
im certain you can use ANY 200 but the companion is cheaper because it doesnt have components that arent necessary for the slave.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Can be either, it is set up in the config.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(04-Jul-2015, 03:01)CharlesL Wrote:
(01-Jun-2015, 15:00)octaviars Wrote: Made the call today and order a 200 companion, will pick it up tomorrow Smile I think this is going to be a really good upgrade.

Any progress?

To go to a 400, can one use another 200, or it has to be a 200 slave unit ?

octaviars, Please don't keep us in suspense.  It has been over a month since you said you were getting a companion unit to try.
Totally missed to respond to this. Have been home with my one year old son so have not had that much time with my stereo but the upgrade to 400 is a really big step up the scale in sound quality. The sound is much more efortless, blacker backgrounds and much more dynamic sound. Got some new cables also so I need to get some houres on my companion and cables.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(04-Jul-2015, 23:20)octaviars Wrote: Totally missed to respond to this. Have been home with my one year old son so have not had that much time with my stereo but the upgrade to 400 is a really big step up the scale in sound quality. The sound is much more efortless, blacker backgrounds and much more dynamic sound. Got some new cables also so I need to get some houres on my companion and cables.

Fredrik,

Tell us what you think about the Cabledyne cables!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
octaviars,

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad you are pleased with the 400. I am considering the same upgrade.
Thanks for the responses. I was thinking of borrowing another 200 for trial and may be easier to find a 200 than a slave unit. Big Grin
Devailet 200, Lumin A1, Magico S5, Kimber ks6063, Rockport Capella, Benz Micro Ruby, Kimber ks1026
(04-Jul-2015, 23:46)Mikeeo Wrote:
(04-Jul-2015, 23:20)octaviars Wrote: Totally missed to respond to this. Have been home with my one year old son so have not had that much time with my stereo but the upgrade to 400 is a really big step up the scale in sound quality. The sound is much more efortless, blacker backgrounds and much more dynamic sound. Got some new cables also so I need to get some houres on my companion and cables.

Fredrik,

Tell us what you think about the Cabledyne cables!

/Mike

I have not played a lot with my stereo since I put in the Cabledyne cables but I feel as you your self told my that the stereo image is better now than with the Crystalcable. I used the Crystalcable with a Neutrik xlr adapter so the diffrenses may be smaller than going from rca-rca tp rca-xlr.
I mainly use my Aries so the combination of changing link cable and usb cable was adding up to the better sound.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I made the move from 200 to 400 by adding a D200, not a companion, and it is a noticeable improvement to those of us with the addiction. I only have ~ 70 hours on the first 200 and the second one has perhaps 10 hours but right out of the box the "picture" has changed. If you could equate a D200 to cable TV then the 400 is HD. You *might* complain about the expense but you'll not miss a date with her.... she's just that good ;-)
Hello, DonaldLL. Could you tell us more about your system? THanks.