Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moving on to class A/B and separate streamer
(23-Jun-2021, 09:20)ICUDoc Wrote:
(23-Jun-2021, 04:31)Pim Wrote:
(23-Jun-2021, 03:02)ICUDoc Wrote: I moved away from Devialet to some high-end DAC /pre- /power- combos.
Couldn't do without the Devialet - SQ, sub integration, silence in the background, low low power use in use and in standby.
Hard to beat for double its price.

That's a bit of a cryptic post. What did you move to, which is the most expensive and did you go back to Devialet or not?

Soz, didn't mean to be cryptic!
Sounds crazy (even to me!) but I went from a 440 Pro CI to a MSB DAC and Gryphon Antileon Sig then back to Devialet 1000.
But I have a second room now, and I've ordered  (still awaiting since forever!) an Antileon Evo, which is supposed to be even better than the Sig, so we shall see Smile

oh wow , you just saved me so much time , i considered to listen to the exact setup … thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's awesome when existing Expert Pro users venture off to try other equipment... saves me a lot of time and money ;-) To be honest, I've been into audio gear since my 20s (now 68) and rarely hung onto any piece of equipment more than 5 years. Hey, technology marches on and audiophiles get itchy to try new stuff. I've now been with Devialet for 6 years and still love it. That's not to say I've not been tempted. The NAD M33 had me curious but ultimately, I decided to not even give it a try. However, if someone here tries something new and loves it, I will likely be doing a bit of googling to learn more.

Now, if Devialet would come out with a new firmware update creating a robust front end for Sweet Room or cleaning up the whole configurator process, I might not ever want to move on.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I was on PM with someone from another forum a while ago. He told me that he had Gryphon dual mono pure class A amps (I forget which specific model), and being pure class A they have substantially better sound quality that an ADH Devialet. He might be right, or maybe not, further investigation revealed he had never listened to a Devialet and he said wouldn't want to anyway.

Oh well.

Anyway, I have always wanted to listen to a Gryphon but never had the chance, maybe one day.

@ICUDoc - Keep us updated, I would be very interested to hear your observations with the Gryphon Sig and the Evo. (assuming it ever turns up)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Jun-2021, 17:11)mdconnelly Wrote:  new firmware update creating a robust front end for Sweet Room or cleaning up the whole configurator process

Fixing the Ethernet dropout issue, and these issues, would make Devialet REALLY hard to leave!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
i don’t have any dropouts in years, i’m using Nuc & off the shelf belden cat 6
devialet 800 7.1.3 FW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(23-Jun-2021, 17:11)mdconnelly Wrote: I think it's awesome when existing Expert Pro users venture off to try other equipment... saves me a lot of time and money ;-)    To be honest, I've been into audio gear since my 20s (now 68) and rarely hung onto any piece of equipment more than 5 years.  Hey, technology marches on and audiophiles get itchy to try new stuff.  I've now been with Devialet for 6 years and still love it.  That's not to say I've not been tempted.  The NAD M33 had me curious but ultimately, I decided to not even give it a try.  However, if someone here tries something new and loves it, I will likely be doing a bit of googling to learn more. 

Now, if Devialet would come out with a new firmware update creating a robust front end for Sweet Room or cleaning up the whole configurator process, I might not ever want to move on.

Thanks for the observations, Mike.  I'll be sure to keep you updated!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(24-Jun-2021, 03:49)ICUDoc Wrote:
(23-Jun-2021, 17:11)mdconnelly Wrote:  new firmware update creating a robust front end for Sweet Room or cleaning up the whole configurator process

Fixing the Ethernet dropout issue, and these issues, would make Devialet REALLY hard to leave!

I was also having occasional dropouts when streaming via Roon RAAT to my 440 Pro even after the Devialet firmware that claimed to fix the Roon RAAT dropout issue.   I was running RoonServer on a 10 year old i7 Win 10 PC at the time.   Last fall, I switched Roon to a NUC 8i7 running ROCK and have not had a single dropout since even when streaming hi-res 192k 24bit music.   So I can’t blame the dropouts on Devialet nor Roon.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(24-Jun-2021, 14:01)mdconnelly Wrote:
(24-Jun-2021, 03:49)ICUDoc Wrote:

I was also having occasional dropouts when streaming via Roon RAAT to my 440 Pro even after the Devialet firmware that claimed to fix the Roon RAAT dropout issue.   I was running RoonServer on a 10 year old i7 Win 10 PC at the time.   Last fall, I switched Roon to a NUC 8i7 running ROCK and have not had a single dropout since even when streaming hi-res 192k 24bit music.   So I can’t blame the dropouts on Devialet nor Roon.
I had a similar experience. On my previous NUC, the new Devialet firmware improved the dropouts but they completely stopped after I switched my Roon core to a new, more powerful NUC. Also: switch off wifi in the Devialet configurator and use ethernet only...
System: Roon on NUC, music library on Synology NAS, all connected via ethernet. Thorens TD-160 super (revised and restored) with SME 3009-III, Devialet Expert pro 440 CI, Marten Django XL
Hi. I moved from Devialet 140 expert pro to Gryphon Diablo 120/dac amp. little over a year ago.
The Devialet is a fine sounding amplifier, but the Gryphon is clearly a better sounding. Even more detail than the devialet,  but the musical details is delivered in a much more natural and cohesive way through the Gryphon.
Diabolo 120 with Dac is 3time the price to Devialet 140. For me no comparison.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk