Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Multi-room possibilities with D0S 2
Hi

Since there is no more multi room with DOS 2, I'm desperately looking for a way to send music on my 3 golds.

I have tried with ROON and it worked great with the 2.8.5 firmware but not with 2.9.0 (synchronization issue).

I suspect Airplay to have a problem with 2.9.0

I was thinking about using Chromecast Audio ? 
I could have 2 golds paired (L+R) with one of them connected with Chromecast via Optical.
And another gold by itself also connected to Chromecast via Optical.

Has anyone tried this ?

Thanks in advance for you help.
(01-Mar-2020, 20:39)Olivier4444 Wrote: I have tried with ROON and it worked great with the 2.8.5 firmware but not with 2.9.0 (synchronization issue).

Asking Devialet Support to push you back to 2.8.5 is probably the easiest way.
(01-Mar-2020, 22:01)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(01-Mar-2020, 20:39)Olivier4444 Wrote: I have tried with ROON and it worked great with the 2.8.5 firmware but not with 2.9.0 (synchronization issue).

I asked twice (and kindly) and they refused !
(02-Mar-2020, 16:43)Olivier4444 Wrote:

You could go the Dante route like I did... works like charm but you need to invest in some more hardware...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(02-Mar-2020, 16:43)Olivier4444 Wrote:

If it is important, then demand a third time. Sometimes, kindly does not work, and talking to the support person can convey your frustration.
2.9.0 is horrible. I’ll get rid of the speakers if they don’t fix it. Sounds horrible. No longer sounds like the $6000 stereo Golds. Nasty compressed treble. Volume shoots randomly to 100%. Speakers loose stereo synch. Completely unacceptable what they did here.
(03-Mar-2020, 00:10)invictus005 Wrote: 2.9.0 is horrible. I’ll get rid of the speakers if they don’t fix it. Sounds horrible. No longer sounds like the $6000 stereo Golds. Nasty compressed treble. Volume shoots randomly to 100%. Speakers loose stereo synch. Completely unacceptable what they did here.
How does it help any body by you ranting and raving (& swearing in other thread)???  Please take your comments elsewhere.
(03-Mar-2020, 00:10)invictus005 Wrote: 2.9.0 is horrible. I’ll get rid of the speakers if they don’t fix it. Sounds horrible. No longer sounds like the $6000 stereo Golds. Nasty compressed treble. Volume shoots randomly to 100%. Speakers loose stereo synch. Completely unacceptable what they did here.
Is it only you or all that suffer from degrading? Looks like it is only you have this problem. I suggest you find a solution of the problem with Devialet as suggested by the post above.
(06-Mar-2020, 22:37)streamy Wrote:
Is it only you or all that suffer from degrading? Looks like it is only you have this problem. I suggest you find a solution of the problem with Devialet as suggested by the post above.
I'm also finding the sound degraded. Devialet cannot help me anymore ... they ask me to wait for the next firmware update in June. Great Sad
(11-Mar-2020, 15:42)Olivier4444 Wrote:
(06-Mar-2020, 22:37)streamy Wrote:
I'm also finding the sound degraded. Devialet cannot help me anymore ... they ask me to wait for the next firmware update in June. Great Sad
I‘m feel very sorry to that. It is crazy what Devialet is doing to you that updated to DOS2. I only left off to upgrade, because I have 3 Phantoms in one room. I suggest you ask with more pressure to downgrade your system. It is very clear that they made your working system (in DOS1) not working anymore. This is clearly damaging your ownership, which is an offense. Devialet might have a liability insurance that will cover the damage you experience due to their incompetence to maintain their ecosystem they created. It is clear that what you bought is not anymore what you have and it is due to what they actively changed from DOS1 to DOS2. DOS1 still works same as before DOS2. So you could get back DOS1. I‘m quite sure that it is possible for Devialet to make a downgrade possible. Maybe a court needs to enforce it. You bought DOS1, so Devialet cannot steal that from you. As said, DOS1 works as before including all streaming services, radio, local files play etc.
DOS2 from what I read here is clearly not on that level.