Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple phantoms
Has anyone run 4 Phantoms (and one Dialogue) in one room?  Any issues?  I have a room that is roughly 20'X40'  (approx. 6.6mX13m).  Looking for a more enveloping experience.  With two its very loud at one end.

Thx
Not 4, but I use 3 Phantoms Silver in one room set up in a triangle. In Spark I have them configured in two rooms, one pair in stereo configuration and a single in mix configuration in the other room. As a result I get more depth at my listening position, more overall loudness, and more equal distribution of the sound throughout the room. Placement is critical for bass. One can reduce room resonances with proper placement. In Spark (PC, OSX versions) one can adjust the volumes of each room. By dragging one room into the other the play queue is played simultaneously in both rooms (merged to multi-room setup) without delay. So when you add 2x2 Phantoms in two rooms, both in stereo config and merge the rooms you will get what you are seaching for. Unfortunately, Spark for IOS and Android do currently not anymore allow seperate volume control when the rooms are merged. This feature could be used to individually adjust volume for your actual listening position, which you can do on Spark for desktops or notebooks. It would be more useful on the portable devices. BTW before Spark version 1.1.4 the feature existed but got lost when Devialet changed design from black/orange to white/blue.
Good to understand how it works.

I am personally a huge fan of bipoles and had played with the idea of having four in a bipole type configuration...
(02-Apr-2016, 17:55)MountainGuy Wrote: Good to understand how it works.

I am personally a huge fan of bipoles and had played with the idea of having four in a bipole type configuration...

I've heard that going bipolar can have its ups and downs Wink
[/quote]

I've heard that going bipolar can have its ups and downs Wink
[/quote]

Big Grin humor do also have a place here
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
LOL!!

Good one. But I still want that bipole setup. Smile
I have 4 Silver Phantoms and Dialogue in my primary listening room which is similar in size to yours, but engineered as an acoustically isolated "golden trapagon". Streamy's instructive comments apply. I spent a lot of time tweaking speaker placement using my ears, and test gear get to get a robust immersive listening experience for stereo music and video. Subjectively, even in video (TV, DVD, streamed) while only in stereo, the listening-viewing experience of other family members and friends is very close to that of my 7.2 reference system, which suggests that whenever Devialet releases the next generation Dialogue... the performance for 5.1/7.1/11.2 Phantom configurations may be spectacular.
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.