Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiroom Phantom 2 98db and Phantom 1?
I want to use both Phantom 2 98db and Phantom 1 in multiroom. They will be used in the same room so I wonder which 103db or 108db works best with the Phantom 2 98db. It is well above all which tweets of 103db and 108db that match 98db best.

It is well above all which tweets of 103db and 108db that match 98db best.
Looks like I wrote a little weird. They will not really be in the same room but it is a completely open floor plan so there is a Phantom 2 98db in the kitchen and one at the dining area. So now I want to buy Phantom 1 for the living room part to get a little more support in the base because it will be a large area it is played on.
If you can afford it, go for the 108. The tweeter is better. I don't think the voicing is that much different. Maybe @njaiswal can help you. He has both 98 and 108.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
So in my situation I have my Phantom 1s and Phantom 2s integrated into a home theater in a single room and i had to go through several hurdles to get it to work. IMHO, the experience I get is so worth the effort I put into getting everything to work.

If you're running everything in DOS2 then I don't see a problem having them playing at the same time. What you will notice is that the Phantom 1 will provide a fuller sound than the Phantom 2. And as you go louder, the Phantom 2 won't be able to keep up with the Phantom 1.

I also have a Phantom 2 in my kitchen and its probably the most used speaker in the entire house. In hindsight I wish I had the contractor install ceiling plugs and mounted a pair on the ceiling... I won't make the same mistake in the next house.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante