Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiroom Phantom - can you control volume individually? How?
Curious - if you had two pairs (four in all) of Phantoms playing in stereo (two rooms) or in mono (4 rooms) can each room's volume be controlled individually? And if so, how? 

Thanks!
Yes, in the Spark version of OSX you can control individually the volume of each room, even when you merge the rooms together for multiroom playback. On IOS you can only control the volume individually as long as you have not merged the rooms. This means you can play individual music with individual volume, but once you merge the rooms by drag and drop of one room into another you have only one volume control in IOS whereas in OSX there is a button next to the mute button (sign like an antenna). Unfortunately, I'm on holidays without access to Phantoms that I could describe more precisely where you find this in Spark. In the old design of Spark (version 1.1.4) the function of individual volume control for each single and merged rooms existed both in OSX and IOS, however got lost in transition to version 1.2. I hope it will find back one day. I never used the Android or WIN versions, so I do not know how the implementation is there.