Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of going back to Phantoms :)
Thanks both - great answers Smile

Still waiting for someone to confirm if Classics can be repaired yet - probably not?
Having gone for Golds after this thread (I went with Devialet Care 5 year warrantee to negate the issue with repairing them Smile )

But now having found a passion for headphones I am seriously considering going Reactors reading the threads again - I barely do any “serious” listening in the front room now, so thinking I could ramp up the headphone spend for that - and live with Reactors to see if I miss the golds or not!

Maybe it’s just lockdown boredom!

But anyone thinking of going the other way give me a shout Smile Smile
This is definitely a way to go. Great headphones give you immersion, best, and most perfect SQ. But, when your home (away from neighbors) allows you to volume up the Phantoms at 70 or more they give you what no headphone can do. Distortion poor, full immersion sound stage that excites your inner organs. No cans replace this.
Indeed - my Phantoms certainly are hard to beat for a proper good listen Smile

TBH probably I will keep them - it’s just quite a lot of £ to have tied up for the occasional proper sesh! And for the rest of the time I am sure the Reactors / even Kef Ls50 would be more than enough

Then of course there is me always needing the top of the line - an annoying habit!!

That said listening to a chord Hugo 2 that I just bought for my IEM - probably don’t need it and probably not worth it for the increase in SQ; but it’s bloody lovely top of the line gadget Smile Smile

And I can’t play my phantoms while lying on a camp bed in my 6year olds room having a sleep over Smile (he’s finally dropped off)