Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich 2018
GuillaumeB

I must say that the only "old school" brand that amazed me was Cambridge Audio. They came up with a new high-end line-up called 'Edge' that looks somewhat classic but with a touch of 'industrial art'. They sounded very very good. They were using their top of the range monoblocks (Edge W) in the demo room. This is not your 300 quid amp from Richer Sound.

The Edge series cost 5 times of their mid-range amps. I brave move into high-end, I hope they will succeed. 

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
(14-May-2018, 17:18)GuillaumeB Wrote: One evening at Munich the Shunyata team took me to visit a dealer outside of Munich, My Sound. It turns out that this is the biggest Devialet dealer in the country AND the dealership where Jeremy Savonet the new Devialet Expert software manager was validating his "Transport: Device in use" bug fix!

Anyway it was an extraordinary place, one of the best setups I have ever seen. Several rooms ranging from lifestyle (with speakers completely hidden away) to more traditional high-end hifi, with each room fitted out and furnished in impeccable (modern) taste with striking photos (the owner Wolfgang Linhard is a semi-pro photographer and publishes his own travel magazine!and artwork on the walls and some of the best room treatment I have ever seen. Everything is optimised there, from networks to power. 

Whilst I was wondering around on these amazing premises I spotted these solid granite plinths:

Here are a couple of pics showing Devialets wall mounted:

Guillaume

Guillaume, the day before your post we had our kitchen bench tops installed. Here's a picture of our dog investigating a crack in the granite:

So, with this slab needing to be replaced I thought it would be a good idea to make some shelves out of it. I haven't done this yet but I put the Od'A remote on the bench just to get some idea of what it would look like. I reckon the colour combination looks great:

Now all I need to do is figure out how to clean the buggers so they actually look great close-up.  Sad
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-May-2018, 10:24)Pim Wrote:
(14-May-2018, 17:18)GuillaumeB Wrote: One evening at Munich the Shunyata team took me to visit a dealer outside of Munich, My Sound. It turns out that this is the biggest Devialet dealer in the country AND the dealership where Jeremy Savonet the new Devialet Expert software manager was validating his "Transport: Device in use" bug fix!

Anyway it was an extraordinary place, one of the best setups I have ever seen. Several rooms ranging from lifestyle (with speakers completely hidden away) to more traditional high-end hifi, with each room fitted out and furnished in impeccable (modern) taste with striking photos (the owner Wolfgang Linhard is a semi-pro photographer and publishes his own travel magazine!and artwork on the walls and some of the best room treatment I have ever seen. Everything is optimised there, from networks to power. 

Whilst I was wondering around on these amazing premises I spotted these solid granite plinths:

Here are a couple of pics showing Devialets wall mounted:

Guillaume

Guillaume, the day before your post we had our kitchen bench tops installed. Here's a picture of our dog investigating a crack in the granite:

So, with this slab needing to be replaced I thought it would be a good idea to make some shelves out of it. I haven't done this yet but I put the Od'A remote on the bench just to get some idea of what it would look like. I reckon the colour combination looks great:

Now all I need to do is figure out how to clean the buggers so they actually look great close-up.  Sad

Stunning Pim! Do it!

The colour combo is amazing!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Still can’t believe Devialet haven’t came out with anything official from the event in Munich. Seems if your part of the ‘Purple Circle’ then you get info, if outside then you’ve got Buckleys (Buckleys is a good Aussie phrase for essentially saying ‘not a hope in hells chance’). This isn’t directed at anyone on here, but I think it’s a bit rich for Devialet to be feeding info to some on Devialetchat and every other owner of their equipment is kept in the dark (not having a go at the DC guys either, and good on them for at least getting something out of Devialet).

All those other owners who paid good money and get little of any dealer service, and next to nothing from Devialet themselves, why are they so much less than those who got to go to the Event in Munich. It's great that some got 1st hand info from Devialet, but why is it silence for everyone else. This talk about Devialet saying they are going to be more dealer orientated, what is that going to do for us other owners. The dealers and distributor here in Australia get told virtually nothing (the distributor doesn't have any goods word to say about Devialet) so why now should I be optimistic. Why do some owners of Experts get first class treatment from Devialet and others just get contempt (total silence).

I actually think the communication has got worse since the new CEO came in, that is for the public in general, and only change is for a select few, and for us others still complete silence (the Core Infinity Log has turned into a complete waste of time as far as I’m concerned). Last email reply I got from Mathieu was over 3 weeks ago and he hasn’t wrote anything back to me since to ask how I’m going with my Experts. I’ve actually gave up on Devialet and for now just want to listen to the music and try and forget my negative feelings about Devialet (only comments I’ve lately put on Devialetchat was about my upgraded speakers, until this one).

Hope everything’s well with everyone, and I do very much appreciate all the info the guys & gals give here on DC, what a great forum it is :+1:
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
You have to give it some time. Devialet has been kind to invite some of the forum members so that they had the opportunity for a meet and greet plus an info session with some of the engineers / experts. They have discussed high level what they feel is important and what is likely to come. And now on this forum it is shared among a larger community.

Devialet sending out a mass email communication with some vague info is not smart with so many forum members inspecting cautiously the hardware and software. I am sure they are working hard internally - led by the new CEO - on a technical roadmap and a marketing roadmap and a customer experience roadmap and so on. These things take a few months.

I respect everyone's opinion but I find it a pity coming to the forum and reading (again) complaints. Some things have been said enough imo. And don't forget that many are also happy just as it is. Like me. I just have one source to the Devialet and it has always been running fine. I like the sound and I'm even 2 firmware updates behind (I think). Couldn't care less. It sounds good and I hope improvements will still come but for now there is sufficient pro compared to the cons.
Great post, Stino. I concur. Actually I’m fed up reading all the bullshit from the naysayers, especially as their problem is a simple matter of getting their network sorted out and nowt to do with Devialet at all. All IMHO of course.
Same for me

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro
I could not Say it better Stino
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(24-May-2018, 22:45)Stino Wrote: You have to give it some time. Devialet has been kind to invite some of the forum members so that they had the opportunity for a meet and greet plus an info session with some of the engineers / experts. They have discussed high level what they feel is important and what is likely to come. And now on this forum it is shared among a larger community.

Devialet sending out a mass email communication with some vague info is not smart with so many forum members inspecting cautiously the hardware and software. I am sure they are working hard internally - led by the new CEO - on a technical roadmap and a marketing roadmap and a customer experience roadmap and so on. These things take a few months.

I respect everyone's opinion but I find it a pity coming to the forum and reading (again) complaints. Some things have been said enough imo. And don't forget that many are also happy just as it is. Like me. I just have one source to the Devialet and it has always been running fine. I like the sound and I'm even 2 firmware updates behind (I think). Couldn't care less. It sounds good and I hope improvements will still come but for now there is sufficient pro compared to the cons.

I'll disagree. I'm not as annoyed with Devialet as John is but I'm also not happy with their communication.

There's a saying that goes something like "begin as you intend to continue". It's not appropriate in many cases but if one of the ways you wish to continue is with better communication then I do think beginning with better communication than you've been providing is the way to begin and I haven't really seen a change.

There may be a lot of members on this forum but I'd be prepared to bet that the number of members on this forum is less than half of the number of Devialet owners by a good margin so beginning with a session for forum members at Munich is ignoring the majority of Devialet owners. That isn't a good communication strategy, especially when they could have had a presence at the Munich show and engaged with many more people. OK, the new CEO only came on board a couple of months before Munich, probably a bit early for organising a presence at the show so maybe next year, but "official" communication from Devialet hasn't really changed since the new CEO started and if he's beginning the way he wants to continue that would indicate a commitment to no change.

I accept that as you say, many are happy just as it is but that doesn't mean that what would make the others happier won't make those who are happy just as it is a little bit happier. 
The way it is can't be expected to satisfy every new customer, in fact I'd guess that it will satisfy the same proportion of new customers as it satisfies existing customers and it would be a positive move to satisfy a higher proportion of customers than are presently satisfied. I think that's especially the case when what we're talking about is communication and better communication is a relatively low cost move compared to the cost of hardware and software development and providing better service to owners with issues.

As for it being a pity coming to the forum and reading complaints, it's generally accepted that the level of complaints posted in online forums is higher than other posts simply because people tend to use forums to air issues. A forum in which everybody just posts "isn't it great" type comments is an incredibly uninformative and uninteresting forum, and a forum that isn't likely to provide as much benefit to members as one in which complaints and issues get aired. Responses to complaints and issues often hold information which is useful to those who haven't posted their concerns but are searching to see whether others have the same problem and whether there are solutions to those problems. Nobody posts useful information about solutions when there hasn't been an issue raised. I actually think that seeing issues and concerns raised is a sign of a healthy forum. It's easy to skip over the complaints that either don't interest you or aren't relevant to your own situation  but knowing that those issues have been raised can sometimes be useful down the track if you find yourself  having the same problem and knowing what some users are concerned about could be especially useful to Devialet if they want to know where they could improve their user's experience with their products. Complaints can and do hold useful information for everyone including Devialet.

If Devialet don't have someone following forums like this one on a regular basis then I think they should. They don't have to contribute but they will find useful information here that they won't get from their own direct email and phone contact with owners and that information could help them improve which then benefits all users.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(24-May-2018, 23:43)David A Wrote: As for it being a pity coming to the forum and reading complaints, it's generally accepted that the level of complaints posted in online forums is higher than other posts simply because people tend to use forums to air issues. A forum in which everybody just posts "isn't it great" type comments is an incredibly uninformative and uninteresting forum, and a forum that isn't likely to provide as much benefit to members as one in which complaints and issues get aired. Responses to complaints and issues often hold information which is useful to those who haven't posted their concerns but are searching to see whether others have the same problem and whether there are solutions to those problems. Nobody posts useful information about solutions when there hasn't been an issue raised. I actually think that seeing issues and concerns raised is a sign of a healthy forum. It's easy to skip over the complaints that either don't interest you or aren't relevant to your own situation  but knowing that those issues have been raised can sometimes be useful down the track if you find yourself  having the same problem and knowing what some users are concerned about could be especially useful to Devialet if they want to know where they could improve their user's experience with their products. Complaints can and do hold useful information for everyone including Devialet.

If Devialet don't have someone following forums like this one on a regular basis then I think they should. They don't have to contribute but they will find useful information here that they won't get from their own direct email and phone contact with owners and that information could help them improve which then benefits all users.

That's not the issue Stino and others like myself have pointed out.  While I concur discussions involving BOTH successes and failures are beneficial it is NOT productive to air personal feelings on an ongoing basis.  The comments, for or against, should be constructive to the topic.  Unfortunately, the negative comments get more air time because emotions run deep and it seems whenever there is the slightest opportunity, the disgruntled poster unnecessarily lashes out.  This creates an UNWANTED distraction by taking attention away from the topic at hand and putting a spotlight on the individual making a case for him/herself.  That is not what forums like this are for.

Devialet does not need a forum like this to know the barometer of their issues, in fact no company does.  There are other channels in place for streamlining feedback to the appropriate parties that make up the organization.  WE need forums like this because we share a common interest and a desire to learn from and help others.  It's just that simple.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."