Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich High End Show 2016
(09-May-2016, 11:27)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(09-May-2016, 10:47)Womaz Wrote: Some absolutely amazing looking gear.

+1

Just based on the pics alone I'm guessing that, even if I had the space, I could afford less than 1% of what I've seen so far, and that's probably being generous. Lots of really expensive looking (maybe cheap? Wink) turntables and HUGE speakers.  I'm amazed there's such a big market for the super-high end stuff.

I suppose it's a bit like being into cars and going to a show to oogle at Lamborghinis and 1960s Ferraris!

With that said pretty much everything is covered and it can be a great place to discover new brands and products. Certainly a fun day or two out!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Is it just me or too many rooms were playing with Wilson Audio speakers????
(09-May-2016, 18:52)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: Is it just me or too many rooms were playing with Wilson Audio speakers????

I found some interesting stuff but my main complaint would be too many silent displays and too many Wilson Audio speakers which I consider too hifi and sterile!
In my opinion you should not go for the sound quality which is decent or better with fewer than 10% of the non-static exhibitors. The MOC is a series of big sheds divided by cardboard walls. A few exhibitors work hard with room treatments as was the case with Devialet and most noticeably Totaldac last year. It's really just a big boys' playground to be enjoyed and ridiculed with other big boys as was the case with the DC member visit in 2015.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(12-Apr-2016, 09:03)Cosmosound Wrote: Who is going guys?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Crikey, just looking at the photos was exhausting. I needed a drink after about four pages. But after some of that gear, I don't think anyone can criticize Devialet in terms of appearance. Compact and muted chrome is fine by me. Or possibly I'm just too boring and I've lost the shopping bug. Budget too would play a part; I'd just drift by some of those displays....
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada