Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mushy and unbalanced sound in dual mono set-up
I have a dual mono 800 set up (converted from 2 d-prems).  Frequently when I start it up, I hear very mushy (bass heavy) and distorted sound on the left channel and low output on the right (companion) channel.  Switching the amp off and on again has always solved the problem up to now, so it is not that big a deal, but I'd be interested to know if any other denizens of this chat room have seen this problem (it may already be a thread subject under another description) and have a better solution. 

Additional info: I'm running FW 8.1.2, but have seen this in all post-SAM FW versions.  Problem has not yet been reported to Devialet.
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose
One thing you can try is to re-install the firmware from the source as well as the requisite cfg file.
I had a similar problem once and this fixed it.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Thanks- I'll give that a whirl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose