Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musical Fid M1CLIC to Devialet
Just had a reply from Devialet help desk confirming really that the CLIC is not a good partner. These forums are invaluable, but unfortunately for me I am now stumped. Another streamer is additional cost. I was already stretching myself to go for the 200 as opposed to the original 120, this additional cost is probably a step too far. Time for a recollection of my thoughts.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
i use the following (in my signature)
1) Tousling for optic streaming
NAS driver (for music files storage), DLNA/UPnP certified you would have this anyways.
Airport Express (Apple recommended by Devialet)
wire ETH cable from AE to Devialet and also to NAS (to NAS its must have anyways)
Toslink (for optic streaming) wire from AE to Devialet
From your iDevices (if you are apple guy) Airplay to AE it simply plays (from any apple device)

I generally use iPad (before i switched to no-2 below)

2) Devialet_ETH
this is same as above but you can use your macbook or windows PC.
download from Devialet site to download AIR application on your PC or MacBooks - Start Playing from
once you download (you can do anytime before y ou get you Devialet) AIR you can enable Devialet_ETH

Enjoy exploring and Good Luck! this is a good amp don't give up so easily on Devialet!
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Thanks for the detailed reply.
I just want to keep it as simple as possible. I have no idea what Airprt Express is. I just want to use the Devialet like I use my current set up.
Network streamer attached to my NAS, which is attached to my 200. I will use an app to search for music and internet radio. I assume devialet have their own app. I am trying not to get put off but yes i am starting to think this is a little too technical for me. I want my music playback to be simpe. These forums are excellent and the Devialet help desk replied within 30 minutes which is brilliant...........but I need simplicity.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
good that you already planning to do network streamer to Devialet - this combo is very good. but you need wifi so you might be already using your existing routing around your music equipment. AE hardly costs $100. this is wonderful tiny wifi extender which can connect to your streamer and your any mobile device (iPad, iPhone or androids) will be able to communicate between devices and Devialet through AE. or on your home network. either way it is good.

Good Luck!

if the above does not work then you can keep even more simpler by looking at Naim SuperUniti or Cyrus Lyric-09 too.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
At present NAS is coonected to Network player wia Ethernet cable. I prefer it hard wired.
I dont see why i would need Airport Express unless i am missing something. Anyway thanks for the help.
Correct! You are all set ...
(27-Feb-2015, 14:52)Womaz Wrote: Thanks for the detailed reply.
I just want to keep it as simple as possible. I have no idea what Airprt Express is. I just want to use the Devialet like I use my current set up.
Network streamer attached to my NAS, which is attached to my 200. I will use an app to search for music and internet radio. I assume devialet have their own app. I am trying not to get put off but yes i am starting to think this is a little too technical for me. I want my music playback to be simpe. These forums are excellent and the Devialet help desk replied within 30 minutes which is brilliant...........but I need simplicity.

Womaz,

if you are happy with the sound of the CLiC then as others have said you can use one of the analogue outputs and feed it into the Devialet Line In.

The fact that the Devialet with perform an Analogue to Digital and then Digital to Analogue conversion internally is pretty much irrelevant as the process is exceptionally transparent and the sound of your streamer will be preserved.

The truth is that many dedicated streamers will perform better than the CLiC (which offers tremendous functionality for the price) but it should be good enough for now.  Ideally of course you should try the CLiC with the Devialet before you buy... maybe you could take it to Ireland to try?

People on here use anything from a Squeezebox Touch, Mac Mini, PC up to Aurender as streamers i.e. anything from say £200 to £6,000 plus and almost all of them say they they're very happy no matter how much theyve spent Wink

Using a Devialet for streaming is really very easy - honest Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Great reply thank you. I was just under the impression that using the CLIC will not be the best way to use the 200. The Devialet help desk sort of confirmed that too. So you are saying the Devialet DAC will get used?
I dont want to do a home demo if it will not be used at its optimum sound quality as 6k is a major purchase for me. I might not be demoing it to its full effect if you like.
I will investigate using a USB cable direct from my QNAP NAS?? This could prove a temporary fix to remove the CLIC from the chain.
Truth is am hopeless at this stuff.......thank heavens for the forum.
(27-Feb-2015, 16:51)Womaz Wrote: Great reply thank you. I was just under the impression that using the CLIC will not be the best way to use the 200. The Devialet help desk sort of confirmed that too. So you are saying the Devialet DAC will get used?
I dont want to do a home demo if it will not be used at its optimum sound quality as 6k is a major purchase for me. I might not be demoing it to its full effect if you like.
I will investigate using a USB cable direct from my QNAP NAS?? This could prove a temporary fix to remove the CLIC from the chain.
Truth is am hopeless at this stuff.......thank heavens for the forum.

My view is that if you use the CLiC the sound quality will be limited mainly by the quality of the DAC in the CLiC.  The Devialet won't add to or take away much from that sound.

I know that it is possible to use (some) Synology NASs directly with a Devialet using USB and software called Audio Station installed on the NAS.

I am not sure whether equivalent s/w exists for QNAP NAS but if yo let me know the model that you will have I will try to find out
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
That was also my thoughts and like i say I am no expert. This to me would be crazy. I fork out 6k for the 200 and use the CLICs DAC??
The model number is TS291P. I will google and investigate too but i am not brilliant with this stuff.
I really appreciate all of your help and comments. Excellent.