Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must pair Phantoms again when turning them off after DOS 2 update
I always turn off my speakers because they consume a lot of power when idle, for some reason. But doing so also disconnects them from the router. Every morning is the same routine: turn on speakers, hear annoying clicking sound, pair them again, enjoy music. This takes 15-20 minutes every single day. 

Is there a way around this? Can I switch off/unplug my speakers and not have to pair them again, every time?
I have the same issue.

My phantoms lose the hole configuration after they are turned off. So I need to go through the set up in the APP almost every single time I want to use them. Very, very annoying!
This happens since the DOS2 update.

Anyone has an idea?
Oh dear! I am on DOS 1 and shut down every night. And this will stop me from going to DOS 2.

Have both of you tried doing a shut down first rather than just switching off the power?

Also, please log support ticket with Devialet; they do not monitor this forum.
You can turn them into low power standby mode, by pressing the rear button for some seconds, until it makes the standby signal.
In this Mode it consumes <1 watt and you don’t loose your configuration. One short press again brings them to life again.
I opened a ticket to request an enhancement for the web UI to switch the phantoms into this low power standby mode, but the answers so far were unacceptably denying.

When you disconnect them from power, the config gets lost under DOS 2. I guess before, this config was held on the Dialog box, even when disconnecting from power.

Greetings,

Chris
Quote:Dear Phantom Premier customer,

It has come to our attention that some customers are powering off their DOS 2 units.  The system which you paid thousands for and has 108 patents, is designed to be always on. We decided it is not necessary to save your setup configuration. Should your units lose power, you will need to start all over again to set up your stereo and multi room systems. BAD LUCK if you have a blackout, live in a thunderstorm prone region, decide to save the planet or have the old fashioned idea that electronics may have a longer life if switched off...

I was having a bad dream and recalled the above.  And then I wake up!...

Have been trying to be positive with DOS 2 but am now despondent that something this simple is over looked. I noted in another post about the negativity, and frustration, despair of the Expert Pro owners; it looks like I may yet  join the majority in the forum.
(19-Jan-2020, 07:18)Krisp Wrote: When you disconnect them from power, the config gets lost under DOS 2. I guess before, this config was held on the Dialog box, even when disconnecting from power.

Under DOS1 config was also saved when no Dialog was in use. So this got nothing to do with Dialog.

I hope there will be a fix soon for DOS2.
I also like to unplug my Phantoms when they are not in use (yes I know the standby mode). It's really annoying.
(18-Jan-2020, 11:40)Jayyyy Wrote: I always turn off my speakers because they consume a lot of power when idle, for some reason. But doing so also disconnects them from the router. Every morning is the same routine: turn on speakers, hear annoying clicking sound, pair them again, enjoy music. This takes 15-20 minutes every single day. 

Is there a way around this? Can I switch off/unplug my speakers and not have to pair them again, every time?
My phantom golds are plugged on a wifi plug that is programmed to turn them off  at midnight everyday. I turn them on again with a switch on this plug. I am on DOS2 and they connect every time without a problem a few seconds after I hear the starting sound.
I have a netgear orbi mesh router that keeps track of all devices connected (visible on the orbi smartphone app). It might be that your router is the problem.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(18-Jan-2020, 22:22)Snoopy8 Wrote: Oh dear! I am on DOS 1 and shut down every night. And this will stop me from going to DOS 2.

Have both of you tried doing a shut down first rather than just switching off the power?

Also, please log support ticket with Devialet; they do not monitor this forum.

I tried both the shut down and switching off. Same results. I hated Spark but now I miss it, who would have thought?
(19-Jan-2020, 19:39)eniriop Wrote: My phantom golds are plugged on a wifi plug that is programmed to turn them off  at midnight everyday. I turn them on again with a switch on this plug. I am on DOS2 and they connect every time without a problem a few seconds after I hear the starting sound.
I have a netgear orbi mesh router that keeps track of all devices connected (visible on the orbi smartphone app). It might be that your router is the problem.

May I ask which version of DOS 2 is running on your phantoms?

Cheers,
Chris

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(18-Jan-2020, 14:42)Bbnsound Wrote: I have the same issue.

My phantoms lose the hole configuration after they are turned off. So I need to go through the set up in the APP almost every single time I want to use them. Very, very annoying!
This happens since the DOS2 update.

Anyone has an idea?
Sounds. very strange to me: I unplug (conserving energy) my Phantoms every day = disconnect them from the mains and the router. Next day I turn the electricity on again, after 20 s or so I hear a nice blup-sound first on the right speaker (ethernet cable) and then on the left after another 5 s. The router has then found the speakers (fixed ip-adresses) and I can play. Perfect, no reconfiguration is needed. I use DOS2 but did the same thing with DOS1.

/Anders