Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutec Clock
Hello - 

Just wanted to post my impressions of the Mutec Smart Clock - I've been looking for a reclocker for some time and having auditioned the Berkeley Alpha USB which sounds very clean but preferring to stay with an AES signal, I thought I would try the Mutec Smart clock - I've been listening for a couple days and I have decided to keep it - base is more tight and the sound is overall more coherent - fast and articulate (a type of sound I love).  This is perhaps most noticeable with solo piano after multiple A/B comparisons (the signal coming straight from the PCI card as the other source).  The other variable may be the that instead of using a 25 foot cable, I am now able to use a 3 ft AES cable to the D200 - hard to know if that alone is helping. . 

Anyway just thought I would post my thoughts - would be interested to know if anyone else has tried one and if they have noted any differences.

Cheers!

Cyrus
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60