Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Phantom Gold suddenly became obsolete.
Hi there!
I have for the last 6 months been having lots of connectivity issues with my Phantom Gold. I bought it 2 yrs ago and have been using it together with Spark with great success until now. 
Earlier I'd usually solve any connectivity problems by resetting the speaker (5 clicks) but today when it stopped working I couldn't reset. I've tried every method listed very meticulously but to no avail. I can't find it with spark, and even the Phantom app can't find the device. I did some reading and found out about the the DOS 2 upgrade sometimes activated itself on some speakers so I downloaded the new Devialet app and found the device under "new life found". Started the upgrade but it has failed every time. one out of 10 times it got to 95% but then ended with "Failed the transmission". 
There's no communication whatsoever with the speaker except when I unplug it and plug it back again theres a faint click inside of it and the woofers move a little. Other than that theres no sounds, nothing. 
Has anyone else experienced this? Im devastated and at a loss....
I have a pending request with support but figured I could write here aswell...

Best regards
Anton
Sorry, I don’t have a solution but I feel for you.

Trouble shooting such issues is frustrating and ultimately a waste of time.

I hope a solution can be found quickly.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1