Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Phantom voyage
Long time, no see.
My Devialet voyage is coming to an halt. A couple of new stands for the Kii Threes blew the budget and something has to go. Never heard a couple of speaker stands make so much difference before.
Before

After

The only Phantom left is the first generation Silver on DOS1, doing its duty as the sound amplifier for the TV sound in the den. I do have the internals of another first generation Silver, so it might be a stereo system if I find a donor chassis.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Yes, the BXT "stands" will blow up the budget 🤣. Congrats!
(18-Nov-2022, 03:36)Snoopy8 Wrote: Yes, the BXT "stands" will blow up the budget 🤣.  Congrats!

Thanks a lot! Wasn't really a difficult decision when a mint pair of used BXT emerged. First time I've seen them for sale in Norway. The Phantom is a really good speaker, but the Three/BXT combo is in another league. 

Another show off picture from yesterday. Life is definitely good in the listing chair.

That's just gorgeous...the view, the speakers...and your pup.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
(19-Nov-2022, 18:40)musialsuspect Wrote: That's just gorgeous...the view, the speakers...and your pup.

Thank you! Can't complain. Really nice skies before the sun disappeares in a couple of weeks.
My Phantom Voyage
Three out of four Phantom Silver sold, now the only left is the first generation Silver with DOS1. It might be sold in the coming weeks.
My Phantom Voyage
Your voyage with phantoms seems to be reaching an end... But what a journey!
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Was a pleasure to follow your journey. Thanks for sharing all the photos of your great view, the disassemblies, home theater etc.
(16-Dec-2022, 12:30)Jean-Marie Wrote: Your voyage with phantoms seems to be reaching an end... But what a journey!
It's been a blast and good fun! The journey might be over, but I still have the internals of a first generation Silver laying around and if a donor speaker emerges soon I might keep the assembled first generation Silver so I have a pair for the den. Really good value for money.
My Phantom Voyage
(16-Dec-2022, 12:49)Bbnsound Wrote: Was a pleasure to follow your journey. Thanks for sharing all the photos of your great view, the disassemblies, home theater etc.
Glad you've enjoyed it, I certainly did! I suspect I will return to Devialet at some point in the future.
My Phantom Voyage