Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Phantom II 95db/Reactor 600 odd journey...
Hi there, 

I'm new to the forum but thought I'd share my experience with the "speakers".

First off, i bought a new Phantom II 95 db with the gemini earbuds as a bundle before the end of the year 2022. 
Turned out that my speaker was faulty, "dead on arrival" and Devialet Chat support wrote me out a new one to collect at the same retailer (exchanging the faulty unit).
So when i recieved my second unit it came in a Reactor 600 box, and it was in fact the reactor 600. The stickers with Serial numbers on the back said Reactor, but a new sticker on it had been added at a later date and it said  Phantom II 95 db. I got little to no understanding from the retailer when i said, "thats the older unit". He just pointed at the sticker on the back,

Odd... right ? I knew the speakers where more or less exactly the same apart from the logo change at the front and the side phantom writing, so I did not think that much of it. 
I brought it home and have been using it non-stop for a couple of weeks, and I'm very happy with the sound I'm getting. However... I'm curious to hear if this is common practice ? Do they sell Reactor 600/900's as Phantom II 95/98 db these days? 

I'm considering a second unit now to stereo pair. But I probably have to buy that one used in order to get them matching visually.

Update: Have bought a second unit specifically looked for a Reactor unit to match the front logos and the sides. This unit came in what seems to be a Phantom 2 box, and not the red Reactor box that i got first. It has slightly different rubber-feet, black rubber compared to what i now think is the O.G Reactor which has a grey-ish rubber. Other than that they're identical. Though the newer reactor model looks a bit wider to me. But its probably the woofers. Light on top of the unit is more diffused, than the first reactor model.