Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My system
Focal Sopra no 2 for left and right channels, Focal Electra Center channel, Focal rear ceiling speakers, 2 REL Gibraltar 2 subwoofers, Sony VPL 365es Projector, Stewart film screen, Samsung 4k dvd player, Aurender N100h, Integra 50.6 receiver, Devialet D120 for center channel, Devialet D400 for the sopras, all on a Critical Mass Sotto Voce stand and with transparent and shunyata cables and conditioner.

Edit: Devialet 120 for he center channel
(03-May-2016, 20:31)abcd Wrote: Focal Sopra no 2 for left and right channels, Focal Electra Center channel, Focal rear ceiling speakers, Sony VPL 365es Projector, Stewart film screen, Samsung 4k dvd player, Aurender N100h, Integra 50.6 receiver, Devialet D170 for center channel, Devialet D400 for the sopras, all on a Critical Mass Sotto Voce stand and with transparent and shunyata cables and conditioner.

Nice! Any chance of posting some pics?

And welcome to Devialet Chat!  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
First of all, thank you for welcoming me. As for pictures, too soon! I am getting the system hooked up this month from my dealer after demoing the sopras with the devialets. And am also adding REL subwoofers.
Nice! It is fun to see a videophile setup here.
I use my D400 like yours but the rest of my home theatre is too modest to list (decent AVR but very old projector, screen, & surround speakers).
Which Stewart model did you choose? Which Shunyata cables and conditioner? Oh, and isn't that D170 now a D200 or is there a reason you don't want to update it? I, too, look forward to pictures (although I'm just as guilty in my lack of them).
It is not the 170 but the actually the 120 for the center channel. My mistake. As to being a videophile going the audiophile route, it is actually the opposite. I was about to pull the trigger on a clearaudio innovation compact with the ultimate arm and davinci cartridge, but my wife pleaded for a projector  (even though her taste in movies is abysmal) so to make her happy I reallocated the budget to a 5.1 system in the lower level of our house. 
Regarding cables, I am currently using shunyata venom high current  and digital power cords, and a venom PS 8 as well as the venom defender (doing a great job with a secondary system of Oppo 105D, Krell s-550i and KEF LS50) and will use transparent musicwave super speaker cables that do a great job of mellowing the tipped treble of the Focal tweeters. I wish I could use the reference series of transparent but my budget is for now exhausted and moreover, my wife will raise a war cry if she sees more thick bare cables.