Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nas Directly to Dev pro with CI

1. Good day esteemed dev owners. I have come across mconnect player and tried it to push files from my nas directly to Dev. First of all it works wery well. Ok it is not like roon interface wise but it works. What I think and what I would like to reconfirm the SQ with direct file to dev is better then my usual setup makmini and audirvana. Has anyone experimented with pushing files directly to dev using CI and upnp?
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
Connecting your Devialet direct vs. via a switch should not make a difference, however there could still be differences... if you use the (often) cheap switch in your internet modem there may be differences and a direct connection can be perceived as better. Go ahead and try it!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(28-Jun-2018, 14:06)Alve Wrote:
  1. Good day esteemed dev owners. I have come across mconnect player and tried it to push files from my nas directly to Dev. First of all it works wery well. Ok it is not like roon interface wise but it works. What I think and what I would like to reconfirm the SQ with direct file to dev is better then my usual setup makmini and audirvana. Has anyone experimented with pushing files directly to dev using CI and upnp?
I did more or less the same.
My Dev is now connected directly to router, i sent the switch away.
I don´t have yet a nas, just streaming with roon and so far so good. The SQ seems better to me.
Tell us what´s going on, in terms of SQ, of course.
(01-Jul-2018, 23:42)BoyScout Wrote:
(28-Jun-2018, 14:06)Alve Wrote:
I did more or less the same.
My Dev is now connected directly to router, i sent the switch away.
I don´t have yet a nas, just streaming with roon and so far so good. The SQ seems better to me.
Tell us what´s going on, in terms of SQ, of course.

I also am connecting from a NAS thru AIR. In my case the connection is to a network share to my mac mini using Roon. Roon core is the Mac. SQ is excellent.
Devialet 220, Mac Mini, Audirvana, Wireworld USB, Audioquest Castle Rock, KEF 207-2, Thorens TD 125 Mark II, SME 3009R, Benz Ruby, Wadia 121, OPPO BDP 105, McIntosh MC30, KEF LS 50, JL Audio E-Sub e112