Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help connecting to Airplay with gold phantom
Hello! I'm from South Korea and I have purchased two Gold Phantom recently.

I've been playing it on bluetooth on my Iphone and started to recognize some popping noise while playing.
I tried resetting couple of times and failed to get rid of that popping noise.
So I came to conclusion that bluetooth isn't the best way to optimize the experience of Phantom. 
Therefore, I purchased Apple Airport Express to connect to Airplay on my Iphone(Apple Music).

However, after I installed Airport Express on my Wifi router and connected to the dialog, I still haven been able to connect Airplay to Phantom.

I know this sounds very complicated and weird to some of you but............Devialet is fairly new here in Korea and people haven't tried connecting to Airplay on Iphone to play on Phantom. So basically I am left here all alone with nobody to ask. 

I would be extremely appreciated if anybody could explain how to play Airplay on Phantom via Iphone(Apple Music) 

Thank you for sparing your time.
Have you used a fibre optic cable from the airport express to the dialog? ( or better still, to a phantom as the dialog optical input still has issues as far as I'm concerned)
(21-Oct-2016, 08:46)valp91 Wrote: Hello! I'm from South Korea and I have purchased two Gold Phantom recently.

I've been playing it on bluetooth on my Iphone and started to recognize some popping noise while playing.
I tried resetting couple of times and failed to get rid of that popping noise.
So I came to conclusion that bluetooth isn't the best way to optimize the experience of Phantom. 
Therefore, I purchased Apple Airport Express to connect to Airplay on my Iphone(Apple Music).

However, after I installed Airport Express on my Wifi router and connected to the dialog, I still haven been able to connect Airplay to Phantom.

I know this sounds very complicated and weird to some of you but............Devialet is fairly new here in Korea and people haven't tried connecting to Airplay on Iphone to play on Phantom. So basically I am left here all alone with nobody to ask. 

I would be extremely appreciated if anybody could explain how to play Airplay on Phantom via Iphone(Apple Music) 

Thank you for sparing your time.

Hi - does your connection look like this?

Airport Express --- optical cable into Dialogue 

If so you need to make sure the dialogue device is set to receive optical under Spark setting (you can choose to auto detect sound, otherwise before you play you have to choose the dialogue optical as the music source)

If you don't have a Dialogue I am not sure if AirPlay is possible

I used it before without problem, but since I mostly use vinyl or Spotify/Tidal it's not much use to me

Hope it helps Smile
Omg...... I'm such an idiot!!

I havent connect optical cable(tosslink) to the airport express.
I will try it later tonight and let you guys know.
Thank you so much for all the help!!
Thank you all for the help. I have sucessfully comnected to airplay and sound quality is much better!
I've been told that the Golds are AIRPLAY-ready. It's just that the AIRPLAY chip will be activated with the next firmware.