Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on Synergistic Research's Devialet Spec Atmosphere
Hi, I want to upgrade my Kimber 12TC speaker cables but after having conversation with my dealer he suggested first try changing power on my Devialet 220Pro to Synergistic Research Devialet spec Atmosphere power cord (demo with 35% off msrp) and see how much better my current cables will sound. Maybe somebody tried this power cord and can share the experience? My current power cord is WireWorld Aurora with Silver-Clad connectors hooked up to Torus TOT Max power conditioner.
(11-Apr-2017, 14:47)oSSka Wrote: Hi, I want to upgrade my Kimber 12TC speaker cables but after having conversation with my dealer he suggested first try changing power on my Devialet 220Pro to Synergistic Research Devialet spec Atmosphere power cord (demo with 35% off msrp) and see how much better my current cables will sound. Maybe somebody tried this power cord and can share the experience? My current power cord is WireWorld Aurora with Silver-Clad connectors hooked up to Torus TOT Max power conditioner.

There's no question in my mind that power cords can make a difference, but I balk at PCs with 4 digit price tags (if the SR cord is the one I'm thinking).   But in truth, I have no experience with that cable so perhaps it's worth it.

I've had great success with cables from Triode Wire Labs.  Great price and quality.  I'm using their High Powered Digital American PCs with my Experts and loving them.  They'll terminate it using the new Furutech narrow IEC termination on request that works perfectly under the rear lid of the Expert.   If interested, be sure to contact them and let them know what you're interested in.  I know they've worked with a number of Devialet owners to ensure the power cord IEC termination fits under the lid.

P.S... Love their speaker cables as well.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(11-Apr-2017, 14:47)oSSka Wrote: Hi, I want to upgrade my Kimber 12TC speaker cables but after having conversation with my dealer he suggested first try changing power on my Devialet 220Pro to Synergistic Research Devialet spec Atmosphere power cord (demo with 35% off msrp) and see how much better my current cables will sound. Maybe somebody tried this power cord and can share the experience? My current power cord is WireWorld Aurora with Silver-Clad connectors hooked up to Torus TOT Max power conditioner.

oSSka--

There is a thread on the Synergistic Devialet Spec cords here,  I continue to be more than satisfied with them.  In my system they are superior to Isoclean Superfocus and Stage IIi Concepts.  I have mine plugged into a PS Audio P10 for the master and P5 for the companion.  These are each fed by a dedicated circuit. 

Happy listening!
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.

Demoed it for a week.  Game-changer, but too $$$ for me at the moment.
(16-Jan-2019, 09:44)awkaplan Wrote:

Did you end up trying Cerious Technologies graphene power cable? I've heard some good things about it - and they are way less expensive than SR Atmosphere.
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro
Hi oSSka , I can also highly recommend the Audioquest NRG 10. It's an  Excellent match.
220 Pro/CI, Well Tempered Versalex/Kiseki PurpleHeart, QNAP HS 251+ NAS/Roon, Furutech e-TP86 power distributor, Audoquest NRG10 Power Cable, Furutech Flux-50 filter, Furutect Powerflux Power Cable, Furutech Speakerflux Speaker Cables, Sonus Faber Stradivari. 
The following is a post I had sent previously.  

I do have the SR power cord for the Devialet. I found it made a huge difference in my system. Originally I had a Cardas Golden reference and tried a Nordost Frye. Hands down the SR was a large difference in sq. the biggest difference was the depth of sound.  My system is in the living room so no chance of having the speakers 4 feet in the room and it improved this piece of the puzzle (depth of sound). See if the dealer will loan you a set...it does take a full 100 hours to break in. I did post my findings on the SR chat page. Any questions feel free to ask.

A year + out still like the power cord very much and wouldn't think of changing it.  I will say however that it is a fairly stiff cord and was able to just get it in the back of an armoire .
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
(16-Jan-2019, 21:49)Norty Wrote: The following is a post I had sent previously.  

I do have the SR power cord for the Devialet. I found it made a huge difference in my system. Originally I had a Cardas Golden reference and tried a Nordost Frye. Hands down the SR was a large difference in sq. the biggest difference was the depth of sound.  My system is in the living room so no chance of having the speakers 4 feet in the room and it improved this piece of the puzzle (depth of sound). See if the dealer will loan you a set...it does take a full 100 hours to break in. I did post my findings on the SR chat page. Any questions feel free to ask.

A year + out still like the power cord very much and wouldn't think of changing it.  I will say however that it is a fairly stiff cord and was able to just get it in the back of an armoire .

I too am using the SR Atmosphere for my Devialets. Its about a year on my 440-Pro CI and a month back, I bought 2 more for my 2 x {440-Pro-CI} bi-amping my B&W 802 D3. 

Briefly, some of the key points of the SR Atmosphere for Devialet are:

1. Absolute holographic and 3-dimensional soundstage.
2. The mids & high frequencies are extremely airy yet with no loss of details and never any stridency.
3. Bass and deep bass is well defined and spacious.
4. The tonal balance is very neutral is a nice way which under no circumstances sounds lean and neither overtly warm. Where warmth is called for, it is very much there. It is harmonically rich. 

The above observations are also due to the fact that the rest of my system's cables are practical all Audioquest ... speaker cables now have AQ Oak (full-range) for Bass, AQ Redwood (full-range) for Mid / Highs. The LINK cable between Devialets are all AQ Wild RCA-to-AES and my source streaming is thru AQ Diamond ETH.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(16-Jan-2019, 17:28)zambie Wrote:
(16-Jan-2019, 09:44)awkaplan Wrote:

Did you end up trying Cerious Technologies graphene power cable? I've heard some good things about it - and they are way less expensive than SR Atmosphere.

No, funny enough I wound up just going with the Shunyata Delta EF.  Plays very well with my 140, and to my ears, has about 70% of the performance of the active cable.  Balanced and rich.