Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your recommendation on speakers for Devialet 120
Hi All,

I've just own Devialet 120.  I'm looking for a new bookshelf speaker for the amp and would like to have you recommendation and suggestion.  Here are lists of speakers that available nearby my place: ATOHM GT1, Proac Respond D2, PMC 21, Focal Electra 1008 ,Totem Model 1 and  Harbeth 7ES3.  Normally, I listen jazz, fusion, pop and female vocal.

Thank you very much

Jump
budget?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
As completeluxury has already stated, your budget must be a prime consideration as is, of course, your own "listening" preference. As you seem to have quite a range of very good speakers available close to you, it would be seem sensible to go and have a listen, or arrange some home demo's. Devialet already pair the ATOHM GT1 with the D120 in their L'ensemble, and reports are that it is a very good combination. From my experience with SAM, and small speakers (B&W CM1), SAM generally seems to work well with smaller speakers, so choosing a speaker that already has a SAM profile might be worthwhile. You might also like to add the KEF LS50 to you list of possible choices.

The overriding fact, IMO, is to listen in your own home environment, with your own choice of music.

Anyway congratulations on your new D120 and happy speaker hunting Smile .

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
A year old thread, but might be worth a few minutes to read:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=288&page=2
(16-Aug-2015, 09:43)completeluxury Wrote: budget?

Around 4000-4500 USD
Jumption,

I also have a D120, so I'm starting with this as a common .... starting point.

The thread that Confused suggests is very valuable. But as I am in a state of persistent wondering about speakers, I'll jump in. It is a wild world when it comes to speakers; reading the thread on 'list your speakers' continually turns up new brands that I have never heard of, and perhaps you also will read of many speakers that are new to you. But, your list is a very good starting point. I've heard the Athom, the PMC and the Totem 1. I've heard other Focals, but I, personally, came away unmoved. The Athom is an excellent speaker, and I seriously considered buying them. I've heard the Totem model 1 and I could not live with the shrill treble and weak bass. The Totem Element series (ember or fire) are much better IMHO. The smaller PMC are really appealing and I personally have a soft spot for ProAc. I still have a pair of the original Tablettes, as well as the Opera Operettas, so I'm big on mini-monitors.

You may find something from Scansonic, or Q Acoustics that is really appealing. Your musical genre's do not suggest a need for thumping bass, so I'd suggest the Totem Element Ember or Fire, or the Athom GT1 for sure, though these do very good bass. As does the PMC 20.22 and their mini monitor gold. Sonus Faber may also have some excellent loudspeakers that would be suitable, esp on the used market. I've also heard the Revel speakers in your price range but I don't think they are equal to the Totem element series or the Athoms. It is a lot about 'flavour' in the small speaker range.

I'm currently using GamuT Phi 5 MkII's. They are not a bookshelf but are well within your price range and have a much more satisfying presentation than the smaller bookshelf speakers you mention.

Keep us up to date with your thoughts and listening.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
If you can find a dealer with this brand you HAVE to go listen.

Evolution acoustics Mmicro one.

from what i hear - you will not find anything close in the price range.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(16-Aug-2015, 10:50)brit Wrote: As completeluxury has already stated, your budget must be a prime consideration as is, of course, your own "listening" preference. As you seem to have quite a range of very good speakers available close to you, it would be seem sensible to go and have a listen, or arrange some home demo's. Devialet already pair the ATOHM GT1 with the D120 in their L'ensemble, and reports are that it is a very good combination. From my experience with SAM, and small speakers (B&W CM1), SAM generally seems to work well with smaller speakers, so choosing a speaker that already has a SAM profile might be worthwhile. You might also like to add the KEF LS50 to you list of possible choices.

The overriding fact, IMO, is to listen in your own home environment, with your own choice of music.

Anyway congratulations on your new D120 and happy speaker hunting Smile .

David

+1
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Hi Jump,

i also have the Devialet 120 and combine it with the LS 50. My room is abou 25m² and i am very happy with the sound. SAM makes a big difference with this speaker. Try to hear it with SAM.

Greetings
Devialet 120 and KEF LS50 and Quobuz Hifi
Cremona auditor M sounds amazing with my 120, u should be able to pick up a second hand pair under that budget approx 3-4k
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.