Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative Reviews
At the end of the day I enjoy my 1000pro much more than my previous Naim nac 552/nap300 and naim dac. Here endeth the lesson?
Cheers
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
It’s good to hear , I’m still thinking of the 500DR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here also an ex-Naim player. Also happy with my move to Devialet!

Less boxes, no humming, no insanity wrt the next cable upgrade, aaaaannnnddd the music sounds so much better! And knowing that my old Naim stack costs more than my current 440 pro... that says a lot.

Do not want to bash on Naim, though. They are also good, very professional in their customer service, and have modernized quite well recently.
I notice that there is a bit of a mistake in the Soundrebels review.  It states: (via Google translate)

That is, we have a musicality of A-class assisted by performance and high efficiency class D with a damping factor of a staggering 8000. To be more interesting power we can independently control in the range of 30-440W, so the closer we get to the minimum, the smaller the class D share will be needed.

This is not correct.  The percentage of class A versus class D is a constant with ADH.  The review then details the sound quality difference resulting from different "power slider" levels.  This was something that was discussed at a Devialet event a while ago.  According to Mathieu Pernot, the power level setting makes zero difference to sound quality, although it does limit the ultimate power output of the amplifier.  So it is there if you want to limit maximum power output if you want to use the amp with speakers with a low power capability.

Maybe it is a quirk of Google translate, but I find the Soundrebels reviews very hard to follow.  (Do we have any native Polish speakers on the forum that could give a view on the "native" text?) 

Also, the Soundrebel's website appears to be very heavily biased towards providing advertising for a while range of hifi products, but Devialet does not appear to be amongst them.  Make of that what you will.

In summary, I read this kind of stuff, have a momentary internal sigh, them move on to something more interesting.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The "better SQ by setting lower power" was true only in D-Premier times. Even this may be doubtful as I suspect that the volume control algorithm comes into play here. With less power available one probably used less digital attenuation and this may be audible. I also believe Devialet increased the working bit depth for ADH to 40bit (i.e. max for the DSP) at some point and may have re-worked the digital volume control code at this time.
I used lower power on my amp for some time, but from 240/250 there was no longer a difference so I used full power.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Aug-2020, 09:19)Stino Wrote: Here also an ex-Naim player. Also happy with my move to Devialet!

Less boxes, no humming, no insanity wrt the next cable upgrade, aaaaannnnddd the music sounds so much better! And knowing that my old Naim stack costs more than my current 440 pro... that says a lot.

Do not want to bash on Naim, though. They are also good, very professional in their customer service, and have modernized quite well recently.

I know we seem to like giving Devialet a good kicking but before I invested heavily in Devialet gear I was also very keen on Naim equipment. In the end the aesthetics of multi boxes and integration with my AV gear were the deciding factors. I do own a Muso and it is very good.

However, I was on their user site for the first time in a while and note that in their Streaming articles there was plenty of complaints about problems and glitches as well as the usual questions about how many power supplies eg 555PS you need to get full satisfaction. Too many boxes, too many wires, too much confusion.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(10-Aug-2020, 10:17)Confuse Wrote: ...
Also, the Soundrebel's website appears to be very heavily biased towards providing advertising for a while range of hifi products, but Devialet does not appear to be amongst them.  Make of that what you will.

In summary, I read this kind of stuff, have a momentary internal sigh, them move on to something more interesting.

Perfect reading, better move.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(10-Aug-2020, 10:17)Confused Wrote: I notice that there is a bit of a mistake in the Soundrebels review.  It states: (via Google translate)

That is, we have a musicality of A-class assisted by performance and high efficiency class D with a damping factor of a staggering 8000. To be more interesting power we can independently control in the range of 30-440W, so the closer we get to the minimum, the smaller the class D share will be needed.

This is not correct.  The percentage of class A versus class D is a constant with ADH. ..........

Maybe it is a quirk of Google translate, but I find the Soundrebels reviews very hard to follow.  (Do we have any native Polish speakers on the forum that could give a view on the "native" text?) 

Polish is one of the languages I understand and the reality is worse than google translation.  

The author says that we have A and D class and power regulation 30-440W.  The author has an idea that the configurator setting at the output power of 30w will be in the audiophile A class and then he listens to the analog input at 80-90% power and is not satisfied with the sound of such an expensive amplifier. 

This is a misunderstanding of the function when the power control is written to serve to protect the speaker, not for mix A D class!

Digital: Tidal,Qobuz ROON on NUC 8i3 | Analog: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 evolution, Van den Hul Colibri XGW Stradivarius MS  | Devialet 440 pro Ci (2x220) Speaker: Magico S7 M-Coat | Cable: Mit evo one | Power: PSaudio PS12, Keces P8-2, Shunyata Delta EF | Headphone: Audeze MX4, Chord Hugo2 | 2x Devialet Reactor 900 on Ipod 
@jvoki
Thanks a lot for clarification.

So basically this reviewer didn't have a clue what he was doing - who knows what else in configuration he also did wrong :/

Tragicomic...
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

@jvoki  thanks for confirming @Confused's suspicion! Did the reviewer listen to the amp at all? Maybe he is just writing what "somebody said"  Big Grin
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB