Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil Young Archives
Hi,

Today Neil Young opened his full music catalog at www.neilyoungarchives.com.
Very stylish made and the heaven for all fans of Neil.

Question is how to get the master version streamed lossless to the Dev?

Cheers,

Krisp

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(01-Dec-2017, 20:38)Krisp Wrote: Hi,

Today Neil Young opened his full music catalog at www.neilyoungarchives.com.
Very stylish made and the heaven for all fans of Neil.

Question is how to get the master version streamed lossless to the Dev?

Cheers,

Krisp

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Well, I just resurrected AIR on my MacBook, so once the archive is open, I don't see why that shouldn't work. I'll know tomorrow  Confused
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Well my Dev is on infinity tour but should be home soon.
The golds are doing their fine job, meanwhile.
But how can you ensure that the mac does not downsample the 24/192 master stream?
In the audio-midi setup tool 24/96 rate is the topmost I can set to with the Phantoms hooked to the optical output of my iMac.
I can't speak for the Phantom or the optical output, but I just dropped a 24/192 file from my NAS into iTunes, and played it out to the Dev via AIR. Dev said it was playing at 44.1 but then when I went into the Audio/MIDI control panel I switched it to 24/192 and after a short pause the track resumed playing, and this time the Dev confirmed 192.

So, I am confident that the streamed tracks will play at maximum resolution, but thanks for the reminder to check what is happening inside the Mac.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(01-Dec-2017, 23:03)Zappydev Wrote: I can't speak for the Phantom or the optical output, but I just dropped a 24/192 file from my NAS into iTunes, and played it out to the Dev via AIR. Dev said it was playing at 44.1 but then when I went into the Audio/MIDI control panel I switched it to 24/192 and after a short pause the track resumed playing, and this time the Dev confirmed 192.

So, I am confident that the streamed tracks will play at maximum resolution, but thanks for the reminder to check what is happening inside the Mac.

My confidence was misplaced. Internally I can stream 24/192 all day over AIR, and I have a steady 60+ Mbps broadband connection, but I was not successful in getting a stream from the archives to play nicely. Even the low-res feeds were choppy, and the 'master' feeds either wouldn't play at all or were totally broken up. I tried with a 2 different Macs and a Win10 machine, all using the most recent AIR driver, but nothing helped. I would try USB but I can't be bothered to faff around enabling an input on the Dev, so I'll leave that to someone else. On the local machines, the sound was fine. Maybe I am missing something in the set-ups, but there isn't much to tinker with as far as I can see.

I am pretty disappointed, because I rather like the skeuomorphic user interface, and there is a heck of a lot of music in there.
I'm probably missing a gold mine, but the fact that you cannot even read the terms and condition without registering and therefore accepting them is a deterrent to me.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France