Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 2020 Expert firmware. What differences do you hear?
Now that all Expert users here started breathing again, I am curious what you can hear when playing music with the new software. What differences are striking and what is roughly the same?

Personally I hear more dynamics, better definition, everything sounds ‘clearer’ by lack of a better word.

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
It sounded fine before and still does. No noticeable improvement.

All I need now is an omnidirectional usb microphone.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
@RvdH
There is already a similar thread:
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Sound-Di...ce-FW-13-2

atb, Tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50 G4
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT, Colibri XGW Stradivarius
StSt Motus II DQ, Sorane SA-1.2, DRT XV-1s
Germany
(07-Oct-2020, 13:19)ssfas Wrote: It sounded fine before and still does. No noticeable improvement.

No difference here either.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Absolutely zero difference
No difference here... and that´s already good.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
I hear better definition and a deeper and wider soundstage. This has been consistent since the upgrade.
220 Pro/CI, Well Tempered Versalex/Kiseki PurpleHeart, QNAP HS 251+ NAS/Roon, Furutech e-TP86 power distributor, Audoquest NRG10 Power Cable, Furutech Flux-50 filter, Furutect Powerflux Power Cable, Furutech Speakerflux Speaker Cables, Sonus Faber Stradivari. 
I hear a deeper and wider soundstage too. To me it sounds the best since I first bought a 200 then upgraded to 440 PRO CI till now. FYI I did upgrade to the latest firmware but did not re-do the configuration. Everything looks normal to me. And note that I only listen to the vinyl using Vivid V1.5 (SAM).