Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Configurator
A new Configurator is on the Devialet website. It allows to give a name to your config in the "advanced configurator" option. I haven't noticed any other difference but also never have had any problem setting my desired configs in the old config website.
Just tried it, works like a charm , have name for config now and its displayed on Devialet screen at start up.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(15-Feb-2015, 10:16)Mohmm Wrote: A new Configurator is on the Devialet website. It allows to give a name to your config in the "advanced configurator" option. I haven't noticed any other difference but also never have had any problem setting my desired configs in the old config website.

Yes, and when you go to dual mono and select chaining input and no shared sources, the general and remote icons no longer disappear, but when you eventually save the master config and return to save the companion config, the master/companion link is broken (as it was before) - so Devialet has done a bit of a job but not all of it. 

Fairly predictable these days.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(15-Feb-2015, 10:25)IanG-UK Wrote:
(15-Feb-2015, 10:16)Mohmm Wrote: A new Configurator is on the Devialet website. It allows to give a name to your config in the "advanced configurator" option. I haven't noticed any other difference but also never have had any problem setting my desired configs in the old config website.

Yes, and when you go to dual mono and select chaining input and no shared sources, the general and remote icons no longer disappear, but when you eventually save the master config and return to save the companion config, the master/companion link is broken (as it was before) - so Devialet has done a bit of a job but not all of it. 

Hi Ian,

Have you selected any inputs on your Companion Unit? I noticed that if you do not select an input on the Companion the 3.5mm link disappears, but as soon as you select an input it re-appears!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(15-Feb-2015, 12:22)brit Wrote:

Hi Ian,

Have you selected any inputs on your Companion Unit? I noticed that if you do not select an input on the Companion the 3.5mm link disappears, but as soon as you select an input it re-appears!

David
The 3.5mm link is only needed if you are running companion inputs.  The link cable has the function of effectively making the companion the master, and telling the SPDIF link cable to run in reverse, from companion to master, to allow the companion input to work.

It isn't working at all for me.  After logging in, I can see my existing configurations but when I try to edit any of them, I get a blank page with the error message: "This configuration is not yours!".  (OS X Yosemite, Safari 8.0)

Ho hum...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
...but it does seem to be working with Firefox 35.0.  That's some consolation.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(15-Feb-2015, 12:37)Confused Wrote:

Hi Ian,

David
The 3.5mm link is only needed if you are running companion inputs.  The link cable has the function of effectively making the companion the master, and telling the SPDIF link cable to run in reverse, from companion to master, to allow the companion input to work.

Hi Ian,

Yes I understand that - so what link are you talking about? If it is the main Master/Companion digital Link, then I have no problems with that - it does not disappear at all when I Configure!

David 
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Hi Ian,

David

Hi David - No I do not need any inputs just a stereo pre-out. Everything then works until I try to save. The Master save can be a bit flaky, but works most of the time. When you try to return from the "save" screen to the "config" screen, to save the Companion config, the RCA/XLR link disappears and you have to redo both the XLR/RCA link and the pre-out process - and then you are not sure whether the thing is robust.

I don't use the 3.5mm link, which for me is unnecessary. Probably inappropriate.

So they have fixed it in part but not in full, which is Devialet par for the course these days.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(15-Feb-2015, 12:51)IanG-UK Wrote:

Hi Ian,

David

Hi David - No I do not need any inputs just a stereo pre-out. Everything then works until I try to save. The Master save can be a bit flaky, but works most of the time. When you try to return from the "save" screen to the "config" screen, to save the Companion config, the RCA/XLR link disappears and you have to redo both the XLR/RCA link and the pre-out process - and then you are not sure whether the thing is robust.

I don't use the 3.5mm link, which for me is unnecessary. Probably inappropriate.

So they have fixed it in part but not in full, which is Devialet par for the course these days.

Hi Ian,

OK understand now. I had problems several weeks ago, but now they seem to have fixed it and I have experienced no problems since (my fingers are well and truly crossed as I say this Big Grin) . I certainly have not experienced the problem you have with the XLR/RCA link (I am going RCA/RCA not RCA/XLR), so still  "flaky" for some it would appear, but why that should be confuses me Huh.

Are you still off to Harrods tomorrow for the Phantom launch? If so, hope you have opportunity to quiz Devialet re all issues you detailed in one of your earlier posts. Look forward to any feedback you might be able to make.

David
or, as alternative, 

UK